Forminator to show content ONLY IF the password is correct.

I have some gated content on my site, that are behind password that is implemented with Forminator form embedded in Hustle Pro Popup. Everything works fine, except for the thing that the content is shown irrespective of what is entered in password. There is no way to do anything except showing and hiding other fields in forminator using conditional logic.

Can anyone suggest how to proceed with this.

Thank you

• jnkfrancis

Hi Brandon,

I hope you are doing well. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. In your application are you trying to collect email addresses, or are you just trying to restrict access to the page with a password?

I am asking because we may have a better plugin for you to use. If you are simply trying to capture an email address then Hustle will do the job alone without needing to use Forminator or restricting the page with a mock password.

If you are trying to restrict access to content by just giving a select group with a password access, or you want to create a sort of drip campaign, then you might rather consider Membership Pro 2 https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/. You might want to take a look at that plugin and see if it is not a better fit.

Back to your original question, if the condition isn't triggered to display that field, then the requirement on that field is ignored as the field isn't needed to be validated. That is the way the plugins is designed to work. The way one would usually use conditional statements is to show data fields based on an earlier response and if you don't show the fields, then logically the form will not try to force that data to be entered because your logic says you don't need it. For example, if I had a checkbox that says "Change my address" that reveals an address field, if that checkbox is not checked I don't need the address, whether it is required or not.

I would really take a closer look at Membership Pro 2 as I think this might be a better fit for your application. If not we can keep looking for a solution once we better understand what you are trying to do.

Thanks!

Jeremy

• jnkfrancis

Hi Brandon,

Good choice, I think Membership will work out better for you.

Regarding spam registration, Forminator uses what is known as honeypot protection. In a nutshell, honeypot works by placing hidden fields in the form that humans can't see, but the spambots can. Since a spambot wants to make sure they fill in all the required fields, they will fill in the hidden fields as well as the visual fields and thus take the bait for our trap. Humans ignore those fields because they can't see them, and the bots take the bait and get filtered into spam. It is a much better way of managing spam because captchas can be very frustrating for people especially those with vision issues, and spambots can on some occasions defeat captchas. Another benefit is that the honeypot doesn't add any overhead with 3rd party scripts like reCaptcha. Honeypot needs to be activated by going to Forminator > Forms > Edit Form > Form Settings > Behavior It is located near the very bottom.

Forminator also has a built in integration with reCAPTCHA that you can set up in Forminator > Settings > Google reCAPTCHA. Once you set it up, you will need to add the reCAPTCHA field to your form in the form builder.

Whichever way you go is up to you but both methods are effective and will work perfectly with Forminator.

Jeremy

• jnkfrancis

Hi Brandon,

If Google reCAPTCHA has a conflict with Course Press we can take a look at that, but if you want to avoid using reCAPTCHA I understand that. Like I said in my previous post:

Regarding spam registration, Forminator uses what is known as honeypot protection. In a nutshell, honeypot works by placing hidden fields in the form that humans can't see, but the spambots can.

You can enable Honeypot protection and that will help prevent spammers from abusing your form. You could also use Akismet (https://wordpress.org/plugins/akismet/) in conjunction with the Honeypot to add an additional layer of spam protection.

Jeremy

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.