Formula entries are not send to domain`s Mailaddress

Hi,
last year, a customers website moved to a new webserver while the mailaccounts remained with their old host. since there is not that much traffic or customer mail coming from the website, they recently noticed, that mails sent via contact form do not reach the companies info@.. address, nor any other mail address from their domain. Mails sent to any other recipient work fine. I have installed WP SMTP instead of using the php Mailer, but the mail account does not work either. Is there any other chance to have mail sent to their info@ account (or any other corporate mail address) or do I have to use a forwarding like sending the mail to a googlemail and forwarding to the company? Any idea is highly appreciated :wink: Cheers, Sebastian.

- System is up to date, latest WP & plugins, php 7.1.
- Gravity Forms for Mailforms
- Support Access is granted

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Sebastian

I hope you're well today!

Thank you for reaching out to us but I'm afraid I could use some additional explanation to get a better image of the case.

I understand that the website and that corporate mail are in the same domain (let's say "domain.com"), right? And then:

- e-mails sent "traditional way" to this mail address are delivered properly
    - e-mails sent from WordPress from the domain.com to that address are not delivered
    - but if you send e-mail from WordPress from address in a different domain, they are delivered

Is that correct or do I misunderstand the issue? Let me know, please.

Also, you mentioned that the support access was granted but it doesn't seem to be active for any of your registered sites. Could you please make sure that it's actually enabled so I could check the site then?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Sebastian

Hi Adam,

Support access is active now, sorry, forgot to activate it. And I will provide as much information as i can to get this solved.

You described the scenario pretty exact, our issue, that all e-mails sent via admin mail from Wordpress (lets say info@domain.com) to a e-mail address in the same domain (lets say robert@domain.com): are not delivered. Here is what a forwarded mail says:

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

info@domain.com
    host 127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<info@tdomain.com>:
    550 Unrouteable address
    Robert.Schmidt@domain.com
    host 127.0.0.1 [127.0.0.1]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<Robert.Schmidt@domain.com>:
    550 Unrouteable address
    Reporting-MTA: dns; dedi4345.your-server.de

Action: failed
    Final-Recipient: rfc822;Robert.Schmidt@domain.com
    Remote-MTA: dns; 127.0.0.1
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Unrouteable address

Action: failed
    Final-Recipient: rfc822;info@domain.com
    Remote-MTA: dns; 127.0.0.1
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Unrouteable address"

Maybe this is of some help? Thanks for your kind assistance.

Best regards, Sebastian
    -

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Sebastian,

The main thing that should be focused here is the 550 Unrouteable address error which is saying that something is wrong with the email addresses themselves, this is not something WordPress related but rather directly caused by the setup of your email server.
    I would suggest reading the below article to better understand this error and get in touch with your hosting provider so they could check this further for you.
    https://www.ideaminetech.com/blog/solve-550-unrouteable-address-error/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.