Forum plugin - using the forum short cut only works on draft pages/posts not on published pages/post

Hi,

Just installed the Forum plugin on a WordPress 3.1 Network (multisite) install, and when trying to use it on a Networked site I can create my forum, copy the forum shortcut code and create a new post. However, if I publish the post I get a 404 error. If I preview the draft version of the post I see the forum page as expected.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello paire,

First of all, welcome to WPMU DEV!

Let's see how we can get this sorted! I'm not totally sure about this but it may just be a permalink issue. Could you check your permalink settings in Settings > Permalinks? Could you also let me know if other posts you create are fine and don't generate 404s?

Oh, and perhaps one other thing. Would you happen to have any other forum software active or another plugin that utilizes the 'forum' slug?

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi paire, I'd like to make sure this is resolved and working for you. Could you perhaps looking into the points I'd mentioned and let me know if you might have a permalinks issue with the forums slug?

As an added point, could you let me know if you can publish posts in general?

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.