Forums-framework.php only for supporters?

Hello,

Does anybody know how to do the Forums plugin available only for supporters?
(does this plugin works in the plugins folder instead of the mu-plugins folder?)

Another thing I am trying to do it´s to make some pages of the principal Site (www.exmpldomain.com) accesible only for supporters, do you know how to do it?

I would appreciate so much your help!

Thank you!

Sabbella

• Aaron
    • CTO

Does anybody know how to do the Forums plugin available only for supporters?

You will have to add some checks to the "is_supporter()" function into the plugin. And it will not work from the plugins folder.

Another thing I am trying to do it´s to make some pages of the principal Site (www.exmpldomain.com) accesible only for supporters, do you know how to do it?

Supporter status is tied to blogs, not a user, so limiting anything outside of blog features is a no go. There is an "is_supporter_user()" function but I recommend against using it. See the install.txt file for details on these.

• sabbella
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thank you very much!

I´ve write: if (is_site_admin()) instead of (is_supporter()) because I don´t want my users to create forums.

Do you know how could I do my forums availables for Supporters (only supporters can post) ?

Thank you!!

Sabbella

• jabbermonkey
    • Flash Drive

Hello Andrew,

I have the latest FORUMS plugin and the lines you described above don't match the line number "233".

I did find the "add_menu_page" on line 257 just below "function forums_plug_pages", so I will ASSUME that the code change for SUPPORTERS ONLY will have the same effect?

Would you please confirm this.

Thank you.

• Sue
    • Recruit

Hi Jabbermonkey

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Always best to start your own new post than adding onto an old thread because there is more chance it might be over looked and on an old thread like this there is a chance the plugin has changed a lot. All you need to do click on Create a Post in the topic area you want to post in listed on the right hand side of the Support Forum.

The Supporter plugins now has features that allow you provide access to plugins without changing any code.

All you need to do is install the Forum plugin following the installation directions here - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/forums/installation/

But once you have installed don't "Visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there".

Then you need to install the Supporter Plugin following these directions - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/supporter/installation/

You'll need to upload supporter-plugins.php as this controls which regular plugins are available for all blogs (including non-supporter blogs) and which one are available for supporter blogs only.

1. A Premium Plugin page is added to Network Admin > Settings > Supporter where you can select the plugins that you want to enable for Supporters, Anyone or no one. (Supporters (Auto-Activate) means the plugin is automatically activated on all paid blogs)
    2. Users on non-supporter blogs can see all the plugins on Plugins > Installed but can't activate Supporter only plugins - instead they see a message saying 'Premium plugins are only available to Supporters'
    3. Whereas supporter blog users will have access to all premium plugins.

Hope this has helped!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.