Forums integrated with Custom Google Search

I noticed some issues with the search feature included with the forums -- Is there any plan to integrate this feature into the forums?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Christopher Rice, I hope you're well today!

I noticed some issues with the search feature included with the forums -- Is there any plan to integrate this feature into the forums?

Could you please elaborate?
    What kind of issues did you notice?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Christopher Rice
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Ari --

Sorry for being so vague ... it was a late night and I probably should have run more tests.

I just noticed the search engine wasn't recognizing matching topics. To be specific -- I published two topics to the forum called "making a brand," ran a search for "making" and "brand," and the search engine didn't to return any results.

That said, I also created a few topics called "This is about pricing," run a search for "pricing," and the search engine did returned results.

I wasn't able to figure out why, so I thought I'd reach out to the community. I noticed WPMUdev has implemented Custom Google Search into the community forums, so wondered if it could be implemented into the plugin as well.

Thanks for the help!

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Christopher Rice. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you...

Custom Google Search uses the Google search engine. So if you create a post and look for it after a few minutes, it won't appear in the search results until it has been indexed by Google!
    You can use Google Webmasters tools to submit your feeds right away so that google indexes your posts when you want it to.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.