Forums Layout not very Clear with Studio Theme

I'm using the Studio Theme + the bbpress 2.0 plugin (Forums) ...

My Forums have a lot of categories AND sub-categories ... But the way they are displayed within the Studio Theme is not very clear for the end users ... (thats what they told me)
Have a look at the screen capture below ...

First, the category NAME is displayed, then in brackets the NUMBER OF POSTS, then a COMMA, and so on ... and so on ...

Also, the Main Category Description appears UNDER the sub categories (when you create many sub-cat it is not very clear ...)

Is there a way I can customize all of this ?
(I'm not a CSS expert)

Thank you.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

This is actually down to the way bbPress displays the categories rather than the Studio theme.

You will need to alter the way bbPress outputs those categories using a plugin in all likelyhood. I'm not an expert on bbPress myself but I'll ask some of the guys for their view and see if they can provide any guidance.

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya adjin,

Your best bet would be to look at the included theme that comes with bbPress. Specifically, there are page templates and a bbpress.css file which could be used as a starting point.

My thought would be to copy the page templates into your child theme directory and then link up the css. From there you're gonna need to do some customization to the CSS. It's a rather lengthy process to get full integration at this point, but that should do it for ya.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.