Forwarding dashboard page after login

I've been playing around with this quite a bit, tried the redirect plugin, etc and can't get it to work.

What I'm looking to do is (with the Easy Blogging plugin still in place) have the dashboard page redirect to another page I created in the admin section.

The redirect plugin works without Easy Blogging, but for some reason I can't get it work when Easy Blogging is activated (which it is on all my accounts).

Is this an easy task? Complex?

• ThePath

Hi Sam, thanks for being a member and for using the forum.

Not sure how much help I can be as Ive never used this plugin but I do have a question. Is the WP dashboard url different from the Easy blogging dashboard url?

Does your custom admin page appear with easy blogging?

Im guessing there is some kind of redirecting already happening in this plugin.

Sorry I havent helped much but Im sure others will chip in.

• samheyer

Here's the difference in URL:

With EasyBlogging activated:

Obviously if the plugin weren't in place the "?wdeb_on/off" wouldn't be there. Other than that it's the exact same page it just looks like it's modified.

The problem (from what I can see so far) is that it's overwriting that page. For example, it easily allows me to strip out the widgets on that page. But when I tried putting a redirect in the main dashboard.php page (this was after I tried the redirect plugin) it would redirect the page only if Easy Mode was turned off.

So something, somewhere, is blocking the redirect.

Also, I'm not a programmer - I've worked with enough programmers that I can find my way through stuff, but don't know much past that.

• aecnu

Greetings Sam,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I am afraid to report that this one will not be handled with a simple redirect and when Easy Blogging mode is activated and locked down it makes it impossible for them to get out of Easy Blogging mode.

However, though I do not know the answer, I am sure there is one.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Sam and ThePath,

Thank you folks for your additional input and feedback.

@samheyer you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

@ThePath there are Pro's and Con's for everything in life including this plugin. I have used this plugin in the past and it is still in use by my company to so completely customize the dashboard one does not even know they are in WordPress at all.

It is a fantastic piece of work and as far as I have experienced its capabilities go far beyond what its intended use is - being able to totally shield that someone is indeed working within WordPress - like a custom application.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Sam,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe