Found this on the CustomPress info: Pay attention

Found this on the CustomPress info:

Pay attention to the above: You cannot move content around after it has been created so you would have to delete and re-enter. In most cases you probably should not network activate and activate locally on those that need CustomPress.

So you can activate it only on certain sites? I thought the only way to do that was by using Pro Sites.

More important questions:

Since Marketpress comes with a post type (products), can I just add custom fields to that, or should I use Custompress make a whole new one? I think I just need one post type.

Thx!

• Patrick

Hi there @CBO

I hope you're having a great day!

Pretty much any plugin can be activated site-by-site, unless it was designed specifically to be network-activated.

If you want to allow your site admins to activate the plugins they want, simply do not network-activate those ones. Any plugin that is network-activated will be active by default on all subsites, and will not appear on subsite Plugins screens (so subsite admins cannot deactivate them).

So, no, you do not need Pro Sites for that, unless you want to offer plugins as Premium stuff in your Pro Site levels.

Since Marketpress comes with a post type (products), can I just add custom fields to that, or should I use Custompress make a whole new one? I think I just need one post type.

That all depends on what you're building on your site. Are you using MarketPress for your product sales? Or are you just wanting to create a custom post-type for some other need?

• CBO

Thanks Patrick,

I guess what I'm thinking of is that a plugin can't be made NOT available to a site, unless you use Pro Sites. But that helps, I have just been automatically network activating them since I didn't realize I could activate them per site.

The custom post is going to be for product sales, but for now I'm just asking questions, before I decide whether to go with Marketpress or WooCommerce or something else. I'd prefer to go with Marketpress, but I want to make sure it can do everything I need it to do.

• Ash

Hello @CBO

I hope you are well today.

Yes, you can create custom field for MarketPress products. MP uses Product post type, so when you will create a custom field just make sure you select Product as post type :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.