Frame Market Install

Hi

I think I am doing exactly as mentioned here
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme/installation/
but still its not working properly. I uploaded it yesterday...found to be not working properly then mailed my hosting company and got this message from them

"...The style sheet for the newly installed theme "Frame Market" is not working properly which is causing the issue.
So, the contents of the site is displaying without any CSS.
The installation of the theme may be corrupted.
Please uninstall the current package of the theme and try to install a new one for resolving this...."

then after uninstalling reinstalled FrameMarket but still it's not working....please just let me know exactly where am I going wrong? the URL is http://morefineart.com/

Thanks

P.S. Wordpress is showing this message (i missed it somehow)
"...Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description
GridMarket The parent theme is missing. Please install the "framemarket" parent theme...."

• M.O.R.E.
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ya I did all that....from renaming the file to creating child theme etc etc.....and after that it started showing a blank page with this URL http://morefineart.com/login/?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fmorefineart.com%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1...(please have patience it's a long story)... prior to that when the css was not loading I mailed and asked for help from the host company and they sent me this message

"...On checking the PHP configuration, I noticed that suphp is running in the server and eAccelerator which is not compatible with suphp was also enabled in the server.

----
    # /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpconf --current
    Available handlers: suphp dso cgi none
    DEFAULT PHP: 5
    PHP4 SAPI: none
    PHP5 SAPI: suphp
    SUEXEC: enabled

# php -v
    PHP 5.2.13 (cli) (built: Mar 26 2010 00:14:48)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with eAccelerator v0.9.6, Copyright (c) 2004-2010 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.9, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright (c) 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies
    ----

I went ahead and removed eAccelerator from the server...."

and even after doing all this and receiving this new message from the hosting team

"....I have disabled the themes and now the Admin area is loading fine. It seems the theme is not compatible with your wordpress or the settings for the multi-site is wrong. Please consult with a web developer/theme vendor regarding it.

You may login to admin area via http://morefineart.com/wp-admin/. Please try it after clearing your browser cache...."

I decided to delete everything and start afresh....and don't know from where to start?

Please please guide me.....I think I've made some terrible mistake

• M.O.R.E.

I somehow managed to load the theme finally but how should I apply the same theme to everybody whoever becomes a member in my site...can't find the "Network Themes" under super admin theme menu.....where should I look for it?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

That is the network themes area, in here you can enable themes for sub site owners to use.

I somehow managed to load the theme finally but how should I apply the same theme to everybody whoever becomes a member in my site...can't find the "Network Themes" under super admin theme menu.....where should I look for it?

Are you wanting anyone who creates a site to have this automatically enabled?

If so then the easiest way is to use our plugin default theme:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/default-theme

If you want to replicate settings and themes including plugins then we have another plugin which could help.

Set up a sub site, make it how you want everyones site to appear at first install and then use our New Blog Template plugin which will replicate the set up of a given site for all new sites. Thus enabling default settings and themes.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

Let me know how you get on with these suggestions or if you need further help. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• M.O.R.E.

Hi

I have two problems...i'll be grateful if I get some advise

1) Why is my template not enabling automatically with every new account that gets created in my site...activated Default Theme plugin...the new member's theme page shows my theme but the home page is showing a different layout...please see the screenshots?

2) How can I limit the admin options to my members...Free members...less options...Paid Members (pro site owners) more admin options?

Thanks

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

1) Why is my template not enabling automatically with every new account that gets created in my site...activated Default Theme plugin...the new member's theme page shows my theme but the home page is showing a different layout...please see the screenshots?

If the theme is showing within the WordPress Admin as being selected then it should be on the front end, that is the behaviour of WordPress.

What should the front end theme look like?

Does it work if you choose another default theme?

2) How can I limit the admin options to my members...Free members...less options...Paid Members (pro site owners) more admin options?

Our Pro Sites plugin allows some limitations but it depends on what you want to limit really. There are other plugins which can restrict based on role but not membership.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites

Hope this helps.

Take care.

• M.O.R.E.

Thanks tim...may be I am doing something which is not right...please see these two images and you'll understand....
    1) first I tested with twenty-eleven...network activated....then activated in MoreFineArt site...made it a default theme for others and it worked fine....both "MoreFineArt" site and "MyShop.MoreFineArt" showed the same theme

2) then changed it to my other theme (which I'm trying to customize...only doing cosmetic changes)...named "OpenMarket" (which I created by copying GridMarket, Child theme)...but now although I got the same look but the site says GridMarket instead of "MyShop" or "MoreFineArt"

How do I correct that...I want every member's site should look the same...how can I drop the naming of site part....should I redo the whole thing again?...by changing the network thing from Sub-domain based to Sub-directory based......like they have done it here...
    http://www.etsy.com (main site)
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CathodeBlue?ref=fp_treasury_1 (member's site)

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again..

Personally I prefer sub domain installs. :slight_smile: They are separate sites then and not just sub folders of one site.

So when you manually set this child theme it works then? Thats what is appears from the screenshots. Its off that is selected in the admin once the site is created but still it doesn't show.

So if you go into the sites admin (new site) and switched it to a different theme and then back to the child theme it works? Or does it continue this behaviour.

Let me know. :slight_smile:

• M.O.R.E.

Hi Tim

was not feeling well last couple of days...now again back to work.....reinstalled the theme again and working my way up....ya tried all that...uploading logo issue...but the problem is the moment I upload the full size (980 x 100px) it pushes the ad thing down...that's why was wondering is there a way of either splitting the header or uploading a smaller sized logo so that every thing looks perfect....see it here what I'm trying to say...http://morefineart.com/

thanks

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Ah yeah, I see what you mean now. It is because of how the divs are layed out and styled.

Go to your:

wp-content/themes/MultiMarket/css/custom.css

and see:

#branding h1 a {
    height: 100px !important;
    width: 230px !important;
    display: block!important;
    text-indent: -9999em;
    }

Add:

float: left;

Like:

#branding h1 a {
    height: 100px !important;
    width: 230px !important;
    display: block!important;
    text-indent: -9999em;
    float: left;
    }

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

• M.O.R.E.

Hi

Back to square one again....I just not been able to figure out what is wrong with it

1) Created child theme then queued up the stylesheets in the correct order (i hope) as explaind

function gridmarket_enqueue_styles(){
    if ( !is_admin() ) {
    $themename = get_current_theme();
    $themeinput = $themename . '_styleinput';
    $options = get_option('framemarket_theme_options':wink:;
    $stylesheet = $options[$themeinput];
    if ($stylesheet != "":wink:{
    wp_enqueue_style( 'gridmarket_style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/styles/' . $stylesheet . '.css', 'gridstyle' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'gridmarket_custom', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/css/custom.css', 'customcss' );
    }
    else{
    wp_enqueue_style( 'gridmarket_orange', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/styles/darkorange.css', 'orange' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'gridmarket_custom', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/css/custom.css', 'customcss' );
    }
    }
    }

2) Then edited wherever required in custom.css file

But when I create to test a site member's account...I get one message related to "Theme my Login" plugin.....and when I try to visit that newly created site I get to see gridmarket site in partly edited version....why is it not showing me the default MoreFineArt site?

Please someone help me out on this.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

But when I create to test a site member's account...I get one message related to "Theme my Login" plugin.....and when I try to visit that newly created site I get to see gridmarket site in partly edited version....why is it not showing me the default MoreFineArt site?

The first thing to do again is deactivate all those plugins and use the default theme to test, then if it works, enable one at a time until you get the problem again. Try with just turning off Theme My Login first if you wish.

Let us know how you get on.

• M.O.R.E.

Hi
    I'm awfully sorry for disturbing you guys like this....but can't help it...please bear with me a little more

Like you said I deactivated all the plugins but to my surprise the Login/Register thing just vanished...somehow managed to get into my admin panel (via checkout cart) and re-activated just the "Theme-my-Login" plugin and started the new member/site registration process....please have a look at the screenshots

1) Logged on to morefineart.com ....started the process (see screenshots = Registration Process Page-1&2)

2) After e-mail activation the page appears okay (see screenshot = After email activation)

3) The problem starts from here...when I click on the Login link this page appears (see screenshot = Login link)...and when I click on "View your site" the page changes to this (see screenshot = View your site link)

4) And when I logout and login again within the site it never shows me the WP login page again...that appears only at the begining (see screenshots = Logout & Onsite Login page)

Uploaded my Custom CSS file also in Marketpress theme section for network activation (see screenshot = Marketpress css theme). Why my site is experiencing so many css conflicts (if its the correct word)....can you figure out exactly what is going wrong and where?

Sorry for this verbal diarrhea.......

Thanks

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I know you wrote a lot there. Maybe its the large consumption of coffee I've had today but I'm not entirely sure I understand the issue here....

Could you draw on a screen shot an arrow with a short bit of text?

Perhaps bullet point and summarise each on 1 line.

Sorry, just want to be sure I understand. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• M.O.R.E.

:slight_smile:

I am sorry for behaving like a pest....but maybe I need to understand a thing or two to get my concepts clear.....my only query is...when I'm changing my websites looks by way of customizing a thing or two, can't it be shared as a fixed template...and after that what the member does with it (look wise) is not of my concern....it should not come as a shock to a dodo like me....because the viewer comes to my site registers for an account and sees an altogether different site (look-wise) when he/she activates it. I wish to correct that...all I want is he/she should see the same template (customized theme/plugins/widgets etc) what he/she saw at the time of registration..........sorry for being verbose again......can't help it.......:slight_smile:

The revised screenshots

Thanks a million for helping me out

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Your not a pest :wink:

Ok, this thread is long now, so let me make sure....

You are using:

Default Theme plugin?

If so then that is the reason, it just installs the theme not the previous theme settings. You could edit that template header.php as a child theme...... But ti would fix the image, ie no way to change it for the user unless you start coding to check if an image is used from there.

Or you could use our New Blog Template plugin as mentioned in one of my responses. This plugin will duplicate everything from one site you specify. So you would set up a nice demo website, go make it the default blog template and then everytime a new site is made, it will duplicate that exact subsite you made earlier.

Does that CSS issue happen on all installs of the child theme?

Can I see the link again for a site with the css issue?

I ask because I note from your screenshots that the ones it is working are either your main site or with the wp-admin bar on. Is your main site using the child theme also? Or the main theme?

:--)

Take care.

• M.O.R.E.

Deactivated "Default Theme plugin"
    Activated "New Blog Template"
    The problem persists....there's got to be a way....can't figure out exactly what....it replicates the grid, color, some widgets (not all)...but the main hassle is it fails to replicate the header image or the site name only manages to capture the old theme name (is there a catch somewhere there?)...you can see it here
    My main website...child theme created by duplicating/editing the GridMarket as explained in installation doc http://morefineart.com/
    The members site http://artgallery.morefineart.com/ & http://mygallery.morefineart.com/ one is created before activating "New Blog Template" and one after activating.

Should I create a new thread now?

Please advise......and thanks once again......I must tell you this forum is a storehouse of info...learned so many things....only got stuck here...and can't find anything related to this

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again :slight_smile:

The problem persists....there's got to be a way....can't figure out exactly what....it replicates the grid, color, some widgets (not all)...but the main hassle is it fails to replicate the header image or the site name only manages to capture the old theme name (is there a catch somewhere there?)...you can

Can I check your not using the main theme for your main site and then using the child theme for sub sites? Have you created a default blog site which the New Blog Template replicates from?

Because if you are using both the same I would have thought the css on both where identical....

My main website...child theme created by duplicating/editing the GridMarket as explained in installation doc http://morefineart.com/
    The members site http://artgallery.morefineart.com/ & http://mygallery.morefineart.com/ one is created before activating "New Blog Template" and one after activating.

Both sub sites seems to want me to sign up, have you removed those sub sites now?

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again! :slight_smile:

I guess it was an issue of different themes? :slight_smile:

Thanks you once again for your patience and support

No worries, thats what we are here for! If you need anything else then please feel free to crack open another thread and we will be more than happy to assist further! :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.