Frame market theme disappointing

I can't understand why this theme is advertised as an ecommerce theme. there's nothing especially ecommercing about it.
Plus the theme choices are lacking some options as far as I can see.
The background covers the entire board without any segregation for the text area.
The nav background and buttons are not customizable.
The custom header image crop annoyingly small than the given crop markings, by about 20px all round.
Feel like I have wasted my time trying to get it how I had hoped. Quite a disappointment. Sorry!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @David H

Sorry to hear about your disappointment with this theme. It was designed as a companion product for MarketPress so folks could get their stores up and running as quickly as possible.

However, if you want to customize the look and feel, the easiest way is to get down-and-dirty with CSS in the child-theme.

If you need to modify the layout of specifc store pages, you can do that via MarketPress custom templates. See the Themeing_MarketPress file in the download for more on that.

Do you have a mockup of how you would like your site to look? If so, could you share it here? I could take a look at your site, and give you some styling tips to get it the way you want it.

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

Actually, thinking about it I don't think market press will work for me as I am planning on using whmcs with the intergration plug in which will run the shop section.

But briefly speaking I was looking for a theme with a customer image header across the top with the nav menu directly below that (like 2011 in a way but with the custom functions of 2012)

I quite like Business Feature if I could just change the site name text header to an image header across the top. Without messing with the guts of it I don't think you can.

regards

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @David H

I quite like Business Feature if I could just change the site name text header to an image header across the top. Without messing with the guts of it I don't think you can.

Sure you can!

Go to "Theme Options" > "Branding" and remove the site title and description. Then select "Yes" for the "custom large image logo" setting, and enter the full URL to the image you want to use for the header.

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

Crikey, I looked for an hour and still didn't see this easy option.

I will have a look but for now I have gone for the 2012 theme using a child of it as I like the full width no side bars.

I have started a new thread about that as it is a different topic to this but thanks for all your help on this. I will surely take that on advice and have a play about as another option.
    cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.