FrameMarket and GridMarket, didn't work!!!!

Help!

I followed the instruction to upload the parent theme "FrameMarket" to my website then I moved the child theme "GridMarket" to the specific path as what the instruction stated.

It didn't work at all! I tried it again several times and had so much trouble. So I decided to do some tricks and didn't get it to work. I would love very much to use GridMarket asap!

Thanks,

Kim

• Kimberly

Kim,

Hi and Welcome to WPMU forums :slight_smile:

I'd love to be of some help, let's get started with some basic q's:

Did you upload the theme via your theme installer then move the child theme via your ftp?

Are you running a Mulitsite?

If so you must network enable the theme from the Network Admin site in order for it to be available on any other sites.

did you double check to make sure that the child theme got moved to /plugins/childtheme and not plugins/childtheme/childtheme? (<--my most common mistake!) :slight_smile:

Looking forward to helping you sort this out!

Best,

Kimberly

• kicjo5

Hi Kimberly,

Frankly, I used Filezilla to upload FrameMark files onto /wp-content/themes/framemarket. Then I moved GridMarket folder to wp-content/themes/gridmarket from wp-content/themes/framemarket/themes/gridmarket.

But I realized that you were referring to the Wordpress on my site to use themes 'tab' under the Appearance. Then click Upload to install a theme (FrameMarket parent) in a .zip format. Then hit the Install Now button. Once that is complete, then I should use Filezilla to move the Gridmarket child theme to wp-content/themes/gridmarket. Is that what you mean?

Are you running a Mulitsite?

No, I am not running a mulitsite. Just my single website. I don't see why I need to enable that?

I sincerely hope that my explaination clarified and I hope that I get it to work tonight once I hear from you.

Many thanks!

Kim

• Kimberly

Kim,

You don't need to enable multisite :slight_smile: I was just checking to make sure I wasn't missing some info to give you :slight_smile:

It sounds like you have installed everything correctly, so I can't think of what else might be happening.

Can you see Framemarket in your Appearance>Theme menu?

You are not able to see Gridmarket at all in your theme list? Or is it not activating?

Best,

Kimberly

• kicjo5

Hi Kimberly,

I got it to work! Apparently, I find it strange that Filezilla might cause the problem. What did I do is to upload the FrameMarket parent theme via the WP theme installer then I used my web hosting's control panel - file manager to move the GridMarket child theme folder to the specific path. I got it to work! The strange thing is that when I used Filezilla and I couldn't see GridMarket in the theme folder under the FrameMarket. I find it really strange and I don't have the explaination for that.

Many thanks!

Kim

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.