FrameMarket and GridMarket now support BuddyPress

You asked for it and as of today FrameMarket supports BuddyPress and GridMarket has some styling just for BuddyPress components.

We hope this meets the need a lot were asking about as we understand a community really boosts any e-commerce solution.

All themes for FrameMarket will from now on support BuddyPress and you can now use the FrameMarket theme to create your own that support BuddyPress too as we've built it right into the parent.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@nelnehal: No it works with BuddyPress but as yet MarketPress has no 'buddypress specific' functions like that. You may want to put a request in for such a function with the plugin as it would be plugin side not theme side really.

@rossagrant: Hehe no problem :slight_smile: Thankyou.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@Jack cool send us a link to see about featuring on the showcase - we love to see all the sites everyone makes.

I'd encourage anyone to post that request in the featured forum the reason being it will probably get lost in this thread and I agree it would be a great addition.

Also if 2 in short a time want it you can probably get a lot of +1s which as we listen to users always count. I'm not saying it will be built that's not my call but if you as users want it...

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

This is great news. Thank Tammie. I will also hope to get my site up in the next week or two and submit it for the showcase. Thank you also for the quick action on these new releases and the attention to our wants. Looking forward to where this project goes next.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Cool glad we're on track with what people want with this one and hope to continue that. The future currently holds 2 things: ProductMarket and StyleMarket. These are the planned next child themes offering some different takes on the format.

• moolric
    • Flash Drive

I updated frame-market and I started getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function font_show() in /home/moolric/evenbadgers.com/wp-content/themes/grid-market/header.php on line 50

So I commented out that line and then I got
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function market_listall_shops() in /home/moolric/evenbadgers.com/wp-content/themes/grid-market/header.php on line 73

Ideas?

• Jack
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It sounds like you didn't get all of the template files. Try deleting the theme and uploading the files again. Also, you should probably start a separate topic in the forum if this doesn't solve your problem. :slight_smile:

• johnnymestizo
    • HummingBird

Hiya

Great theme

I have several products listed in marketpress on the main BuddyPress site. However I have grid market installed on a network blog.

Can I display products by tag or category on the network blog from the main blog using your theme?

By using marketpress i can create a page or post and using shortcode display the product...

Essentially, I want your theme to display a global category of products thru marketpress without massive manual labour. Is this possible?

Cheers

John

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@moolric: Sounds like you've not updated the child theme to be honest with the changes. You should be copying the files into a new child then renaming it if customising in the child theme in this case. Similar to how you'd work in frameworks.

@johnnymestizo: You may have to adapt some functions there are global ones there though if you check out the latest version of grid.

Just as a bit of a suggestion if possible start new threads for topics as I don't want things lost in this release post.

• Donald McIntyre
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Tammie: The BP BuddyBar brakes with my install and it lists all the links below the Network admin and the gridmarket theme.

Also when I upload a header it doesn´t crop it properly, I tried many times, but it cuts the image in wierd ways: http://linkedbees.com/marketplace (pls see here the buddybar problem and the header problem).

I am using this theme as a subsite in a MU install, does HAVE to be the main site to support buddypress? I don´t see the community features.

Thx, Donald.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@donmcint: If possible as this seems relating just to your site can you start a new topic with a link please. This will be better than it being lost on this non related but release announcement thread. In the meantime though there are some checks that are required.

I assume you mean the default admin bar for BuddyPress? The first port of call would be to see if there is any plugin or JavaScript issue. You need to make sure all plugins are off just as a sanity check.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.