framemarket / gridmarket poor documentation

My site is a Network, consisting of sub-sites – each sub-site will represent an area (geographical) in the States, and each sub-site will feature products.

Due to the poor documentation of FrameMarket / GridMarket, I am unable to do the following:

1. display structured categories of areas and sub-areas for sub-sites

2. display products from all the sites

3. Search for a product globally in all the sites.

Can someone help me out on this one?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey websww.

1. display structured categories of areas and sub-areas for sub-sites

2. display products from all the sites

You can use localised widgets for each site or you can use network wide shortcodes and widgets.

You can find those details:

wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=marketpress-ms

Admin –> Network Admin –> Settings –> MarketPress

You need to decide if you will “Limit Global Widgets/Shortcodes To Main Blog” or not. Down the bottom there are all the shortcodes.

The widgets will be in the widgets area on a given website.

Admin –> Appearance –> Widgets

3. Search for a product globally in all the sites.

I don’t believe that is currently an option to search all shops, you could make a feature request for custom post types like products to be added to our post indexer plugin.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/post-indexer

I think that would be an excellent addition. :slight_smile:

If you have any further questions then please let us know.

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Some screenshots.

Also wanted to add. Documentation is something we are working hard on this year, we've already rewritten a few plugins and their docs. We plan on improving them.

Please accept my apologies for the poor documentation for FrameMarket/GridMarket this is something which will be improved for all this year.

• websww
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Wait a moment. You want to tell me, that you are WPMUDEV, that you’re offering the Marketpress plugin which has NO SITEWIDE PRODUCT SEARCH??? REALLY??

And that you, as WPMUDEV (not WPDEV, but WPMU-DEV, WPMU!) – are offering your themes for Marketpress with no sitewide product search, and that I am the one who should be submitting feature requests, instead of you, as team members, doing this and enabling sitewide product search?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.