Framemarket installation

I've downloaded FrameMarket and installed directly from WPMU dashboard into my Wordpress Dashboard. How/where do I get the zip file for the child theme to upload into my WP dashboard?

Alan

• aecnu

Greetings Alan,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

I sincerely wish they would remove these Parent/Child themes from the Dashboard because there is no way to properly install them in the Parent/Child relationship without using FTP or a hosting control panel file manager.

Please download the Frame Market/Grid Market theme from here, extract the files from the zip on your computer and then upload them using FTP in the proper Parent/Child configuration as described here.

Please advise that this has indeed worked out as anticipated for your WordPress installation.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Alan,

Thank you for your additional input and at your own hand you caused the delay in a response from support staff by bumping your own ticket and here is a copy and paste explanation of why:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

In addition, you are obviously not following instructions because no where in any instructions I have given do I mention uploading a ZIP file to the WordPress installation.

On the contrary, I point out unzipping the file to your computer and uploading the files within using FTP, to include in my block of instructions the location of the child theme and to upload those files as well.

It would be in your own interest to follow instructions to the letter or why bother asking at all?

In any event, thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member.

Cheers, Joe

• Alanc

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your message, and your explanation as to the workings of the ticket system.

The problem with trying to follow your instructions was that I didn't (and still don't) understand #2 - I am not sure what it is that "also gets uploaded independently". although I readily admit that might simply be my own limited technical knowledge. So not being able to follow your instructions, and since downloading from the Dashboard doesn't work, I decided to try and work it out on my own which of course didn't work either.

Not a problem however, as i have gone down a different route which has allowed me to move forward without Framework.

Thanks for your attempt to help me.

Cheers,

Alan

• aecnu

Greetings Alan,

Thank you for the clarification in what part I have not explained thoroughly enough for all developers to understand.

In this case one must make two FTP uploads, FTP being the best choice for managing this action, first the entire theme to the themes folder, and then the entire child theme separately and that will certainly do the job.

Happy to see in any event that you have found a solution that works for you.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.