Framemarket Theme for Store only / Bypass order windows

Hi there,

1) I have a current Buddypress Theme installed that I am very happy with. I would like to theme my marketpress store with the "Framemarket/Gridmarket" theme but still keep my current Buddypress theme for the remaining pages. I tried uploading the Framemarket theme into my marketpress themes folder.. but it didn't show up. How do I do this?

2) I am a piano teacher just using wordpress/buddypress to inspire my students. I am using cubepoints that my students earn to purchase sheet music that I've written out. This is mainly just for play - no money is exchanged. After the Shopping Cart page, I would like to bypass the Checkout Information, Payment Information, Confirm Your Purchase, and Order Confirmation pages and go directly from the Shopping Cart page to the Track Your Order page.

3) The shopping cart sidebar widget shows my items too far to the right. I can't even see them.. just the very edge of the product.

Thank you :slight_smile: I

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey midsummermagic1111,

Welcome to the forum!

1) I have a current Buddypress Theme installed that I am very happy with. I would like to theme my marketpress store with the "Framemarket/Gridmarket" theme but still keep my current Buddypress theme for the remaining pages. I tried uploading the Framemarket theme into my marketpress themes folder.. but it didn't show up. How do I do this?

The Framemarket is a fully blown theme, and it has to be installed the same way as you install any other theme. i.e. via Appearance > Themes

Since you love the existing BuddyPress theme, there is nothing that can be done, but the default theme looks good enough, don't you think?

After the Shopping Cart page, I would like to bypass the Checkout Information, Payment Information, Confirm Your Purchase, and Order Confirmation pages and go directly from the Shopping Cart page to the Track Your Order page.

MarketPress is designed for a e-commerce site in mind, where it is very essential to have those pages. You can always use the Manual Payment gateway which doesn't involve any money, but am afraid its not possible to take off the other pages from the process.

In your case, to make things very simple, why don't you use a contact form plugin? You could use the Contact Form 7 plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

Create a form, which will send you an email notification with the link to the page from which it was sent. The student can enter some details too. The Submit button can read "Get it now" or something.

That works for you I hope.

3) The shopping cart sidebar widget shows my items too far to the right. I can't even see them.. just the very edge of the product.

This should be a CSS issue, can you give me a live link to a page with the sidebar? I can check it and send you a css fix right away :slight_smile:

Cheers!

• midsummermagic1111

Thank you for your quick reply. =) More questions.. sorry.

1) I noticed that marketpress has themes, but when I select them they don't change anything..

2) Kids will love using the shopping cart and this is why I bought a membership so I want to explore this a little further. Is bypassing some of the checkout process pages something a freelancer can do for me or is it entirely not possible?

3) Thank you. Let me know when you have the css fix.

4) I have another sidebar css issue for the Products widget. The title for the products show up too large. (see attached screenshot)

Thx =)

• aecnu

Greetings midsummermagic1111,

Sorry for the delay in a reply - I think Arun was waiting for the link to your site for the css fix.

This should be a CSS issue, can you give me a live link to a page with the sidebar?

Please advise.

1) I noticed that marketpress has themes, but when I select them they don't change anything.

Those are for theme integration therefore as you mentioned they do not do anything when you click on them, this is the reason. However, the theme specifically designed for Market Press is Frame Market with the child theme Grid Market.

2) Kids will love using the shopping cart and this is why I bought a membership so I want to explore this a little further. Is bypassing some of the checkout process pages something a freelancer can do for me or is it entirely not possible?

I would not say that anything is impossible in the computer world - the moment one thinks so Murphy comes along and bites ya. but yes this would be a custom job if it is at all possible.

3) Thank you. Let me know when you have the css fix.

Arun is waiting for site URL as mentioned above on this topic.

4) I have another sidebar css issue for the Products widget. The title for the products show up too large.

This appears to certainly be another css issue. Please submit URL for us to look at with the sidebar shown.

Cheers, Joe

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey Joe, thanks for pitching in. You are awesome man :slight_smile:

@midsummermagic1111

Yes please, you can use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact

Include these details:

Subject: "Attn: Arun Basil Lal - Login Details"
    Body: Link to this thread so that I can give you a response - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/framemarket-theme-for-store-only-bypass-order-windows

Looking forward. Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings midsummermagic1111,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.