Free 30 day trial coupon using pro sites plugin

I want to offer a free 30 day coupon trial membership and capture the payment info for the membership to charge on the 31st day for the next month's membership. How do I do this with the pro sites plugin?

Thanks.
Tony V

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Tony,

Hope your well today and thanks for your question.

Currently this isn't possible, though there is a workaround.

In network admin > Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways, enable the "Pay To Blog" module, then go to Network Admin > Pro Sites > Settings and change the free trial to enabled and choose the level and amount of days they get.

Once this free trial level is up, upon their login on say the 31st day, they will get a message that they need to pay and be directed to the checkout, would this work for you?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• TonyV
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I ended up going with charging a penny for the first month. There is a bit of psychology behind getting people signed up with a subscription when you give them the first month free. Some people are lazy and never use your services during the first free month, and then they will even let a few payments if not more go through and still not use it.
    I am sure others have found this to be the case as well.

Tony V

• TonyV
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

by the way this could be the fix you are looking for.
    I charged only 1 penny and paypal charged me a penny so I didn't make any money. If I refund the customer, they get the first month free.
    here is how paypal prints it out for my records.

Total amount:
    $0.01 USD
    Fee amount:
    -$0.01 USD
    Net amount:
    $0.00 USD

have your programmers create a coupon call that would operate as free, charging 1 penny and automatically refunding it. and there you have it.

first month free and paypal subscription started.

:wink:

Tony V

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @TonyV,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay here.

Nice idea on charging a penny for the first month, that's a good idea :slight_smile:

I also believe that is a common occurrence with membership based sites, where people don't use it and then let a few payments go through :slight_smile:

If we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to ask, sorry again about the delay.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.