Free and paid appointments in appointments+?

I have a free 10 minute appointment as a service in addition to paid 30 and 90min appointments. When I have payment required as 'no', the 10 minute visits work fine eg. confirmation sent, appointment registered as active. However, the paid appointments do not get sent to paypal.
When Payment required is set to 'Yes', the paid visits work well but the free 10 minute visits are set to pending and more importantly, the email does not get sent to the user. I have set the price for the free service as '0' and as a blank field. Can I get this to do what I want?

Thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @nick

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Yes, It happens for me too. When the payment is required and Auto confirm is set to yes, but the appointment status is pending.

I am letting the developer know about this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Actually, as of Appointments+ v1.4, the auto-confirmation can work in mixed paid/free environment such as yours. However, for backwards compatibility reasons, it's not enabled by default. Once it's active, it will check for these conditions when a new appointment is to be booked: a) you're requiring payments, b) you have auto-confirmation turned on. If these conditions are met, and the new appointment is priced at $0 (i.e. it doesn't have a price), its status will be automatically set to "confirmed" and the email will also be sent to the user. Again, this behavior is disabled by default. In order to enable it, you can add this define to your wp-config.php or functions.php:

define('APP_CONFIRMATION_ALLOW_FREE_AUTOCONFIRM', true, true);

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Thanks for bringing back the good news, @nick! I'm happy to hear it worked well for you. @Ashok, have you tried with the define I mentioned above? That's the most important part, as this define flag will actually enable the behavior I was talking about. Without it, the plugin will behave as before.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.