'Free' level does not display on the checkout page...

I have only one paid level set up, but the 'free' level is not displaying on my /pro-sites/ checkout page, ie I don't see the "No thank you, I will continue with a basic site for now" text anywhere - just the single 'pro' level I have set up, with the paypal checkout button.

I have free trials disabled - I only want two user types, free (unlimited) and pro (1 year). Am I misunderstanding something? Is a 'free' level only applicable when free trials are enabled??

• Phil Cordier
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This question probably appears somewhat incoherent. The real issue I am having is - that once my free user logs in to the admin panel, I'm being redirected to the /pro-site/ checkout page, and there is no 'I'd like to continue being a free user' option. In fact, no matter what I select, ie from the admin menu above, such as "dashboard" or "new post" or whatever - I just get resent to the /pro-sites/ which only shows me an option to upgrade. I can't seem to get past it. I don't want to upgrade - just be a free user. Help?

• Phil Cordier
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I don't have any such module installed.

In the Pro Site settings, under 'Pay to Blog' I had experimented with it by checking the "Disable Front End" box, but that wasn't what I wanted, so I unchecked it. I don't see any other way to disable anything related to 'pay to blog' other than clearing the content of the fields for 'Checkout Message' and 'Front End Restricted Message'. These have the default content still.

I tried adding a new level to Pro Sites called "Basic" with zero cost, but that causes a button to show up on the upgrade page, and there's no way to purchase a membership for $0.00...!

Still stuck here.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.