Free level is being sent to PayPal

1. When I choose disable on the Free Trial on the ProSites settings page, the new site owner is sent to an error page stating that they must pay for the site to be enabled. I would like the first sign up to be the free level and then they have the option to upgrade like on Edublogs.

2. When testing check out, the free level is being sent to PayPal. I don't want the free level sent to PayPal to ask for billing info when they are choosing the free level.

Please advise, thank you!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

1. When I choose disable on the Free Trial on the ProSites settings page, the new site owner is sent to an error page stating that they must pay for the site to be enabled. I would like the first sign up to be the free level and then they have the option to upgrade like on Edublogs.

Have you got the Pay to Blog Module Enabled ? Please advise.

2. When testing check out, the free level is being sent to PayPal. I don't want the free level sent to PayPal to ask for billing info when they are choosing the free level.

Did you separately create a free level ? If yes, then you do not need to create a free level separately.

More info here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage

Cheers, PC

• Jan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you @PC,

You are right, I had the Pay to Blog enabled. I'd like to have systematic monitoring of the sites so that if someone doesn't pay, their site is taken down. So does this mean I can't have Pay to Blog enabled if I want a free level? Is it one or the other? Is there a way to have both?

Thanks for your help.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @janlfox

Thanks for posting back.

In prosites, a free level is created automatically, so first thing, you do not need to create that level separately

Secondly, Pay to Blog and Free levels just don't play well together. Its only one or the other.

Free levels – When new sites are created, they are technically Free. You can remove this Free site functionality by enabling the Pay to Blog module.

So, if you are just using Pay to Blog to get the site taken down if they don't renew, then you need not worry, if they don't pay, their site will be put on free level hence they will lose access to all premium features.

However, if you want to offer free level and enable Pay to Blog at the same time, that is not gonna work I am afraid.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.