Free limited plan with pro sites

Hi !

I'm launching a new SAAS and I have a few questions about pro sites.

I want two different plans :
1. Starter Pack
2. Gold Pack

By default, user will have 14 days on Gold Pack them downgrade to Starter Pack if they don't pay.

Starter Pack specifications :
- Limit the number of custom post types (different limits depending on custom post types)
- Access a limited amount of themes

Gold Pack specifications :
- Some plugins may be activated automatically only for them but they don't have to access the "plugins" page, it has to be totally transparent.
- They can do everything they want :slight_smile: !

I know I can give the 14 free days on Gold Pack easily.

For the rest :
1. I have to create two levels, Starter and Gold, right ? Or can I use the default free pro sites level ?
2. Can I restrict the themes that are available in Starter or Gold Pack ?
3. With posts & quotas module, I can choose the number of posts. But can I specify different quotas for custom post types ?
4. Can I activate plugins automatically only for them but they can not access the "plugins" page, which should be totally transparent ?

Thanks for your time !

• Rahul Verma

Hello,

I hope you are well today and Thanks for posting on the forums.

I have to create two levels, Starter and Gold, right ? Or can I use the default free pro sites level ?

You have to create two levels "Gold Pack" and "Starter Pack" because quotes limits can't be applied on default Free Level.

Can I restrict the themes that are available in Starter or Gold Pack ?

Yes, You can install "Premium Themes" module from Pro Sites > Modules/Gateways to limit # of themes for the Pro levels.

With posts & quotas module, I can choose the number of posts. But can I specify different quotas for custom post types ?

No, Currently we don't have any module to support custom post types quotes without any custom programming.

Can I activate plugins automatically only for them but they can not access the "plugins" page, which should be totally transparent ?

Yes. You can activate plugins on network wide and use adminimize wordpress.org/plugins/adminimize/ plugin to restrict access from certain dashabord links

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

• Rahul Verma

Hello @Noomia,

I have tested it again with few custom post types and I found that quotas for custom post types will be automatically equal to quotas you setup for posts. I tried to figure out an easy way to modify it so you can setup it for individuals custom post types but it needs some major changes.

I'd like to get some feedback from one of our plugin developer @Aaron to help you in better way.

Best Regards
    Sandeep Kumar

• Noomia

Thank you Sandeep !

I've seen too that quotas are equal but I would like to change that behaviour :s ! I've seen a lot of people asking for that in the forum, and that it's planned as a feature in future release. I know that you never give ETA but is it for soon :p ?

I really need that, very soon :p ! If custom programming is possible and you've a guide or a ressource about that... Let me know !
    Thanks

• Aaron

1. I have to create two levels, Starter and Gold, right ? Or can I use the default free pro sites level ?

If starter is meant to be a free plan, then it should be the default built in free level. All modules should allow limits on the free level.

2. Can I restrict the themes that are available in Starter or Gold Pack ?

Yes!

3. With posts & quotas module, I can choose the number of posts. But can I specify different quotas for custom post types ?

Yes, but as discussed above, quota's are based on capabilities. As the long as the plugin/theme that is registering the custom post type assigns it a custom capability, then you can have a separate quota for each. Unfortunately most just do the easy thing an mirror posts capabilities. I understand this is a pain point, we plan to update the module to not rely on capabilities soon.

4. Can I activate plugins automatically only for them but they can not access the "plugins" page, which should be totally transparent ?

Yes, but currently the premium plugins module will force on the option to display to plugins page. To turn this off would be a small code mod. Delete the line:
    add_filter( 'site_option_menu_items', array(&$this, 'enable_plugins_page') );
    in modules/premium-plugins.php

• Aaron

Remove filter can be tricky in an object context. You can try:

global $psts;
    remove_filter( 'site_option_menu_items', array($psts, 'enable_plugins_page') );

Yes, if you use different capabilities then they will display as unlinked distinct settings. The only tricky thing about custom capabilities is you will need to push those across all your sites. I think user role editor plugin or similar has multisite support to do that. Also if you use our new blog templates plugin I think that will copy custom capabilities over to the new site.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.