Free members not activated

Hello,
I have 3 different subscriptions that all get access to the same Access level. A 3 month free trial, a $20/month plan and a $100/year plan.
For some reason when someone registers for the free trial (and I have the free payment gateway activated)- they go through singup process, put in their info and hit submit. then they are just taken back to the membership signup page. It does create a user for them on the system, but their memebership status is inactive. So a couple issues-
1) Doesn't give them any ok/notification that the registered successfully.
2) It leaves their user is inactive unless in admin goes in and changes it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch.

If they don't signup and complete a subscription then their account would be inactive unless you allow Incomplete Signup.

I also note your last download was 3.1.2, you might like to upgrade to 3.3

Membership 3.0 Documentation Page 65 Of 67

My FREE members register but cannot login.

It says they are not “Active”. You probably have the Free Gateway Enabled whilst also taking a premium with another. Make sure your Free Gateway is NOT activated and that you are using a price of $0.00 along with a Fintie or Indefinite Subscription.
    You may also need to turn on “Allow Incomplete Signup” from the options panel. This will mean if your users do not complete signing up for a subscription they will still be able to log in. Otherwise if they signup and do not complete the process of getting a subscription (even a free one) they be shown as not active.

And:

Membership 3.0 Documentation Page 12 Of 67

You can also choose to allow incomplete signups, so if your user registers but does not complete the signup process they would still be assigned an account to sign in with. If not they would be shown inactive.

Hope this helps.

• Tom Eagles

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Please note there is a new version of the plugin available

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.