Free Membership Billing invoices (Membership 2 pro)

Hello,

I have the plugin membership 2 pro installed on my site, now i want the membership signup to be free and be able to manually create invoices for users.

When i want to do so, the billing option gets invisible and the payment button gets invisible for users too, so the payment does not work while i want the membership to be free. But it works when i select a fee for membership signups, so is there any solution for this?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Saleh,

hope you're having a beautiful day and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, there's a contradiction on what you're trying to achieve here. You see, you can't have a zero payment or an invoice based on a zero payment.
    Every time you set the value of a membership to zero, or if you create coupons which have the same discount as the membership fee, then the whole payment process in registration is being bypassed.
    What I could propose for you to surpass this is:
    1. Create a membership with a value like 1$
    2. Enable the Manual Payments gateway and in its description don't insert any bank details, but rather say that member doesn't have to do anything and that you will activate their memberships manually (this can't be surpassed as you may imagine)
    3. Then you could activate them and send them the "invoice" you want

Finally, if this "invoice" you want to send, is more of an automated email with some member and site details, you can enable the "Additional Automated Messages" add-on from Membership 2 -> Add ons page and set them in Membership 2 -> Settings -> Automated Email Responses.

Hope that was some help, feel free to post back here if more assistance is required! :slight_smile:
    Take care,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.