Free Shipping for orders over $40 isn't working for me.

Hi. I have installed MarketPress and entered some coupon codes, but the Free Shipping settings that I've set up aren't working for me. I have it pre-set to automatically grant free shipping when orders exceed $40 but right now that feature isn't giving the automatic discount.

I have set "Table Rate Settings" where shipping is $5 in the US and $7 internationally for orders between .01 and $40 and Free for orders over $40. Is this the best way to offer Free Shipping on orders over $40 or is there a better method?

Thank you for your consideration of my question.

shadygrove
blotterati.com

• shadygrove
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@aecnu (or anyone else on this forum) -- any chance you can make heads or tails of that screen shot? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with regards to the settings to get the Free Shipping Over $40 offer to work.

Thanks!
    shadygrove

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings shadygrove,

Thank you for the screen shot and sorry for the delay in a response.

Just an FYI and not a criticism but hopefully making it so that we can work together in a more timely fashion, please consider the following copied and pasted from another ticket:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

Forward --> Regarding the shipping item it appears that the answer and relevant statement is included in the shipping table screen where it states:

Be sure to enter a shipping price for every option or those customers may get free shipping. Each layer must be a higher price than the previous.

This is what I believe the reason for this reaction form the script because the free shipping portion is indeed unintended use, or at least at this time.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings shadygrove,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.