Free Trial for Membership 2 Pro

I am experiencing issues with using the free trial option with a new membership. When I signup it tells me that the free trial expires on January 17th, 2017, which is today's date, not 1 month from now. I even tried to use 2 months free trial and I get the same.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Bryan,

I hope you are well today.

I've just tested this with the latest version of Membership 2 Pro and was unable to reproduce the issues you are seeing with a similar configuration.

Please see screenshots:
    https://goo.gl/2rtbbV
    https://goo.gl/y38FVL

I suspect there is a conflict somewhere that is causing issues with M2P working correctly.

There's a couple troubleshooting steps I'd like you to try to see if we can narrow down the cause of this problem.

First, could you please run a plugin conflict test as outlined in the following article? This will eliminate the possibility of a conflict with another plugin. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that does not lead to a solution, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you've visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, open that file with a text editor like notepad (Windows), GEdit (Linux), or TextEdit (Mac). You can then paste the contents of that file at http://pastebin.com/ and share the URL of the pasted output with us so we can examine it further.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Zeus
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

James, thanks for the reply. Here you go:
    [18-Jan-2017 17:50:03 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: ltaxonomies in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-autolinks/wds-autolinks.php on line 339

[18-Jan-2017 17:50:03 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/ip-lockout-module/controller/lockout-controller.php on line 105

[18-Jan-2017 17:50:26 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: membership in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/template/template-tags.php on line 483
    [18-Jan-2017 17:50:26 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/template/template-tags.php on line 483

[18-Jan-2017 17:50:26 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: membership in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/template/template-tags.php on line 484
    [18-Jan-2017 17:50:26 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/template/template-tags.php on line 484

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Zeus,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I've just ran through a test transaction on your site.

* I created a new user (wpmudevtest).
    * I temporarily set your CHOICES Unlimited public.
    * I temporarily set your invitation code to expire tomorrow (it was set to expire today).
    * I applied the invitation code (free trial) for the CHOICES Unlimited membership.

This is what I'm seeing: https://goo.gl/lsY0wL

As you can see, the free 1 month trial was applied correctly.

What steps are you performing where it is not being correctly applied?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Zeus

James, thank you. The issue is at sign up, it doesn't show the correct date. If you go through the process it works, but at the pay now screen the date is not for the expiration is not displaying correctly.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Zeus,

When I stepped through the process in my tests, the correct date was displayed. As shown in the screenshot, Feb. 20th was the date given in every place.

I just attempted to run through the process again, but you have made several changes to the site since my last tests and I was not able to complete the transaction without providing my credit card info, which I cannot do.

If you would like me to continue to look into this issue, would you please restore the settings to what they were prior and reply back here so I can test this further for you?

Best regards,

James Morris

• Zeus

James, thanks for the reply. I am unable to change stripe to a test environment since the site went live. This is still an issue and as of today the ones who signed up have expired, can someone please help. I have granted support access.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Zeus

I have quickly activated trial membership for 2 months and tried a test registration (I have disabled trial membership very quickly) and it worked for me, screenshot attached.

Would you please give another try with a new registration and let us know?

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.