Free Trial for X days then $Y per month

Hello,

I am looking to set up my site where a user can create, say 10 blogs in a free trial account (for X days) and then is charged $Y per month for the 10 blogs.

I have the Supporter plugin installed and set the # of days already in the plugin. However, I don't how to tie in the 9 additional blogs from the bulk upgrades into the free trial. Is this possible?

Also, I only see the option to allow users to pay annually for additional blogs in their account. Is there a way to change the the billing from annual to monthly in the code? If so, can you please tell me which file to edit.

Thanks,
Jeff

• jdyson

In looking through the supporter-framework.php code I found this:

} else {
    /*
    a3 - amount to billed each recurrence
    p3 - number of time periods between each recurrence
    t3 - time period (D=days, W=weeks, M=months, Y=years)
    */
    $button = '
    <form action="' . $action . '" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick-subscriptions">
    <input type="hidden" name="business" value="' . get_site_option( "supporter_paypal_email" ) . '">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="' . $current_site->site_name . ' Supporter">
    <input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="' . $period . '">
    <input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="return" value="' . $blog_url . 'wp-admin/supporter.php?page=bulk-upgrades&updated=true&updatedmsg=' . urlencode(__('Transaction Complete!', 'supporter')) . '">
    <input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="' . $blog_url . 'wp-admin/supporter.php?page=bulk-upgrades&updated=true&updatedmsg=' . urlencode(__('Transaction Canceled!', 'supporter')) . '">
    <input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="' . $blog_url . 'supporter-bulk-upgrades-paypal.php">
    <input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="' . get_site_option( "supporter_currency" ) . '">
    <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="' . get_site_option( "supporter_paypal_site" ) . '">
    <input type="hidden" name="custom" value="' . $wpdb->blogid . '_' . $user_ID . '_' . $credits . '_' . $amount . '_' . get_site_option( "supporter_currency" ) . '_' . time() . '">
    <input type="hidden" name="a3" value="' . $amount . '">
    <input type="hidden" name="p3" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="t3" value="Y">
    <input type="hidden" name="src" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="sra" value="1">
    <input type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_subscribeCC_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!">
    </form>

I change this line:
    <input type="hidden" name="t3" value="Y">

And changed it to:

<input type="hidden" name="t3" value="M">

Am I correct in assuming that this will change the renewal timeframe from annual to monthly?

Also, I'm still looking to see if anyone has an answer to getting the primary blog & bulk upgrades to work together. That would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Jeff

• jdyson

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to change all the text to say "month" instead of "year" and changed the extend time from annually to monthly.

You wrote:

"Also, every month the user would have to go in and apply his credits to the right blogs each month."

Is there any way around this with custom coding or is this a limitation of the plugin? If the plugin can be modified to auto-renew the customer's extended blogs I would be interested to learn how. If that is something that requires heavy custom coding then would you (or another developer) be interested in writing this for me?

Thanks,
    Jeff