Free Trial, Membership Pro 2, No option to Convert Trial to Member?

When a user is signup up for a trial and goes to Account and tries to upgrade to paid, they cannot. They are given only the "Cancel" option. This happens at /register too. Why in all that is holy wouldn't we have the ability to "Convert" them here???? Please folks...this is the second time I've used the Free Trial to an embarrassing result. My 4 trial members were literally clueless as they tried to GIVE ME $99 EACH! I spoke to each one and now "I will wait to pay tomorrow" is their choice. I lost $400. Please fix this...and give us the option to take credit card info at trial also. Membership one did this well with "Levels." You abandoned them, but let's find a way, fast!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @schoolofbookkeeping.com, Michael here!

When a user is signup up for a trial and goes to Account and tries to upgrade to paid, they cannot. They are given only the "Cancel" option. This happens at /register too. Why in all that is holy wouldn't we have the ability to "Convert" them here????

When the member signs up for a trial, he's assigned the membership, he's just put into a "trial status", if you will. He'll be converted to a paid member as soon as he pays the bill (when invoiced), he'll only be invoiced after the period's up.

The idea of the free trial is that a user is able to try out the membership for a period of time, and only after that time has expired does he get prompted to make a payment.

If he wishes to stop his membership before the trial's over, then he could cancel. Otherwise, once he's used up his trial period, then he would be prompted to make a payment.

The idea that comes to my mind presently would be to offer a notice of how the trial works, so members are aware ahead of time. :slight_smile:

...give us the option to take credit card info at trial also.

You'd definitely be welcome to open a feature request over here, as that'd be a handy feature to have:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions#question

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• astUtemy

The purpose of a trial is to sign up and convert someone to a paid member. The purpose of a trial is to sign up and convert someone to a paid member. The purpose of a trial is to sign up and convert someone to a paid member. The purpose of a trial is to sign up and convert someone to a paid member. The purpose of a trial is to sign up and convert someone to a paid member. The purpose of a trial is to sign up and convert someone to a paid member. :slight_smile:

Repeat that folks. You have to think like a business. This is a Profit Making Tool and many of us rely on it. I'm trying to help you. I install several types of Membership Software and you keep getting closer, but these little things are always an issue. Get a copy of Member Mouse and learn...Then you build it because I like MP2. It's just missing too many features.

Thank you.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.