Free users and paid costumers are directed to the protected content page after registration

Both free and paid Access levels are active and public. Everything there is working fine except for the Welcome page. Instead of reading my welcome, users can only se this page have Protected content. Not a good start for a new user/costumer:wink:

Facts:

WordPress 3.4.2.
Buddyoress version Version 1.6.1
Membership Version 3.2

In settings Memebership/option/ Registration completed: I have chosen a Welcome page:.

The gateway PayPal Express Gateway in testmode, Sandbox.

Please help me.

Peter

• peter_jakobsen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tested it..

I removed the redirect function and yes it worked.
    Then I added redirect function on again and yes it worked.

Then I discovered I was on my home-computer and the problems were on my work-computer. There were properly cookies on the computer…

Now its working perfectly and visitors and paid costumers get the welcome page.

• peter_jakobsen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Patrick,

Me again:slight_smile:

The problem with the Welcome-page is not solved. After signing up user get the protected content instead of the welcome-page.

Facts:

Everything worked fine on my test-domaine.
    I manually moved the site to my real domaine: http://www.trylleskolen.dk
    Making sure everything was exactly the same and files in the right folders.

I got two problems:
    First the welcome page was protected content
    Second I could not get access to homepage when logged in. Watch image.

So I removed the redirect function as you suggested – nothing happened. Same problems. I copied the functions with redirect function back to the child-folder and the problem with the Dennied Access to Homepage was solved!!!!

Now I got the original problem I had 6 days ago.

And by the way I had tested it on two different computers and I have clean the cache and cookies with CCleaner.

Do you have any suggestions?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

• peter_jakobsen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi There,

I have solved the problem. The solution was to make to installations. One with wp+theme for visitors and one installation with wp, buddypress, membersystem ect. in its own folder. This folder has a redirect to all who tried access to something they have no access to. It works fine now.

Regards,

Peter

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.