Free users

Am testing out membership on a single WP 3.0.2 install with buddypress

I’m having difficulties getting a user to register for a free membership. I have two levels, a free level and a premium level. Free is set to stranger.

I seem to have set everything up (read the docs, twice) and all seems ok. However, when I register a new user, or try going to the sign-up page, there is a free user option but no way of selecting it!

I think the problem arises because if I try to add the free user level, it won’t save because I don’t add a value to the price.

Am confused :slight_smile:

• Marcus
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

figured it out, I think it’s a bug. because there is no 0 value in the price selection (why not a normal text box? Am sure lots of ppl would want the choice to try the .99 trick).

I get this in my logs when trying to save my free subscription with a free level that’s indefnite with no price:

WordPress database error Incorrect integer value: ” for column ‘level_price’ at row 1 for query INSERT INTO wp_r8z62a_m_subscriptions_levels (sub_id,level_period,sub_type,level_price,level_currency,level_order,level_id,level_period_unit) VALUES (‘1′,’1′,’indefinite’,”,”,’1′,’1′,’d’:wink: made by do_action, call_user_func_array, membershipadmin->add_admin_header_membershipsubs, membershipadmin->handle_subscriptions_updates, M_Subscription->update

If I run that query but change the price to 0, all seems to work, subscribe button shows for the free version, moving on!

• Marcus
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

oops, the code above was meant to be:

[15-Dec-2010 15:09:19] WordPress database error Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'level_price' at row 1 for query INSERT INTO <code>wp_r8z62a_m_subscriptions_levels</code> (<code>sub_id</code>,<code>level_period</code>,<code>sub_type</code>,<code>level_price</code>,<code>level_currency</code>,<code>level_order</code>,<code>level_id</code>,<code>level_period_unit</code>) VALUES ('1','1','indefinite','','

• synergymkt
    • New Recruit

I'm wondering if others have had this issue and if there are any other solutions to the problem.

We're trying to offer 3 levels … stranger (no access), free (registration with limited access), and premium (full registration with full access).

The stranger level and premium level work fine. The issue is having someone complete the free registration process.

Everything seems to work fine, but there isn't a way for the user to complete the registration for the free membership.

There's a subscribe button next to premium, but nothing next to free.

We're using WordPress Version 3.0.4 & BuddyPress Version 1.2.7.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.