Friends and Messaging plugins not sending email notification

I’m not getting messaging or friend notifications from my Wordress 3.0.1 multi-site install (in fact, I’m not getting ANY emails- even when new blogs are created). Anyone have a suggestion of where I should start looking? Gotta have emails sent as teachers will receive notification of student submitted posts for approval. I’ve tried my work email and my gmail – nothing (and nothing in spam). You guys rock…thanks in advance!

k

site url – http://www.burlesonisd.net/blog/

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya mamaestes,

I went back and tested this plugin and the email notifications are working for me. Have you checked the spam filter and see if something might be getting caught there?

Also are other emails going out? For instance do new signup and account activation emails work?

Thanks!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Just to clarify, no emails are getting out? If so, get with your IT folks and ask them if they’ve restricted phpmailer and/or allowing php to send emails. That’s probably a server issue and needs to be resolved with them. The domain in question sits on a school ip address and chances are that’s what’s happened.

If so, you;re going to have to take a look at your phpmailer file and edit that file to use a mail server. Someone else is going to have to explain how to do that as I;m out of time.

• mamaestes
    • Flash Drive

I’ll ask the networking boys and let you know what they tell me – we have issues with stuff like this a lot due to our servers (as a school district, we have to be pretty careful with what we allow through due to state and federal laws for protecting our kids (FERPA) and it usually wreaks havoc with stuff like wordpress, drupal, etc.

I’ll post as soon as the guys and I find a fix!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.