Friends Plugin Questions

I know there was some talk of an aggregated page of all my friends posts -- where did that go in discussions?

Also, I was wondering if there were any protections against friend addition abuse. Right now it looks like a malicious user could just try to invite 400 users at once, yielding 400 unwanted emails at a time. Maybe it would be interesting to have a daily friend update email instead.

Additionally where did progress go with linking friends with invites? If I invite someone to join a site I like they should automatically become my friend when they join, no?

• Andrew

I'm going to be coding a new friends plugin over the next couple of months that will replace the current plugin. There are just too many things that are either broken or don't work right so a completely new plugin makes the most since. In the meantime there really won't be any updates to the current friends plugin.

I know there was some talk of an aggregated page of all my friends posts

That will be in the new version.

If I invite someone to join a site I like they should automatically become my friend when they join

That will not be in the new friends plugin but there will be a plugin framework that will allow you to extend the friends plugin to include this if you wish.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.