From a full backup you can restore only one network site?

Hi,
Working with WordPress Multi - Site. Tenhos multiple sites in mine. Set up for each site is a lot of work. From a full backup you can restore only one network site?

That is from the full backup to be able to restore full multi site network or just a website.

Abs,
Josimar

• Luís

Hi JOSIMAR ,

Hope you're doing well today!

After the version 3.0, Snapshot Pro offers two types of backups:

1) The new Managed Backups, that allow you with one click to make a whole (or scheduled it) WordPress backup and send it to our cloud (WPMU DEV cloud - where you have 10GB space for your backups).

This option makes a backup of your entire network. At this moment, the managed backups can only backup the whole multisite, there’s no functionality to be able to backup/restore individual subsites only.

2) The "old" or normal Snapshot option, that allows you to create a backup for a specific site in your network and sent it to a destination (local server, Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3 or FTP).

This option only allows to make a backup for one site at time and restore it.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• JOSIMAR

Hello!

After a long time I would like to know if there was evolution in the appeal request mentioned above.

That is, make a single full backup of the entire multisite network and then be able to restore only one subsite. I have a network with more than 50 sites and get backing up site by site and very tiring.

It would also be important to make a full backup of the entire network using other destinations (S3, Google Drivre, Drop Box, Local Server). Currently, you can only use these targets for site-by-site backup.

Abs,
    Josimar

• JOSIMAR

Hello!

This request was requested in 2016 ....

I'm very sad to see that WPMUDEV is no longer a reference for a community that works with WordPress multisite. You're losing your essence.

I think it's time we looked for other solutions.

WPMUDEV started with the proposal to help primarily the community working with WordPress multisite. That's in your name!

It turns out that in recent years has not made great strides for multisite.
    1) The Pro plugin, one of the main MU community, is already obsolete. You have not received a designer update and features for a long time.
    2) The Snapshot plugin that says incredible backup can not back up the multisite network and allow you to restore a subsite from the network backup. Site-by-site backup is required. Managed Backup does not allow you to restore a specific subsite. What benefit does it bring to multisite ??? If I have a network with 1,000.00 sites, how do I do?
    3) The WHMCS MU Provision plugin has been discontinued. This plugin was important to MU community. There is no other professional solution for anyone working with WHMCS and WordPress multisite ...
    4) Updates that are in Rodmap little will make a difference to MU community ...

All other available plugins can be easily purchased in codecanyon for a much cheaper price than WPMU's signature ....

Why is WPMUDEV losing its essence?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Josimar,

Thank you for questions and I'm sorry that you're feeling this way, I would say we deviated away from Multisite products as our plugins still support multisite installation and can take advantage of that.
      For example, Smush can be configured to either work per subsite so each site can have its own optimization options, or it can use network settings to have all the same options on all the subsites, and there are others as well that work in a similar fashion.
      We have our migration plugin in the pipeline that will allow migrations of entire network at once.

2) The Snapshot plugin that says incredible backup can not back up the multisite network and allow you to restore a subsite from the network backup. Site-by-site backup is required. Managed Backup does not allow you to restore a specific subsite. What benefit does it bring to multisite ??? If I have a network with 1,000.00 sites, how do I do?

Unfortunately, some of the things took priority over this but we still have it on our to-do list and it was actually discussed by the devs recently so we're looking into adding one subsite restore to Managed Backups sometime soon.

Retiring plugins was certainly not an easy decision but the products required were not nearly enough popular or widely spread that would justify the cost needed to support and develop them further so they had to be taken down.
      You can find more information about this here:
      https://premium.wpmudev.org/retiring-our-legacy-plugins/

Our development team mainly focus on features that the vast majority of our community needs, by following the feedback from our members and we also had a survey (which will probably be repeated) where we got a lot of information from the members on what would mean the most to them.
      This is the main thing when it's being decided on task priority.
      I would suggest reading our Round-up post here for more information on what's being done so far and check the form in there for submitting your ideas :slight_smile:
      https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/your-wpmu-dev-q4-roadmap-round-up-is-here-and-its-pure-magic/

Best regards,
      Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.