From courses to registration (missing link)

I am trying to integrate both plugins of coursePress Pro and Membership2.

After i click into DETAILS of a course , i can see details of

Course Dates:
Enrollment Dates:
Who can Enroll:
Course Language:
Price:

However, i am not able to create a link to "register" or "sign up" at the upper part and bottom part of the page. It is rather important to be user friendly and show customer all the way to register or sign up, i suppose. Can this be done?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi pole915,

You can add this pages using the Membership setting "Please select pages you want to appear in your Navigation" that you will find in Membership 2 -> Settings -> General tab. You can activate which pages should be visible in the menu.
    Also, you can add the to your main menu and footer menu from Menus in the Appearance.
    Those pages are created in WordPress Pages, so you can easily add them in to your menus.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for quick reply, thanks for your idea for making it as page or menu. As you can see in the attached picture, "register" is in the menu. I do expect for example right after price, there is a button to click on for "signup" or "register", and it appear again when my potential customer scroll all the way down to the page, there is one more button "sign up" / "register". User friendly does play an important role, and it is my responsible to lead my customer how to proceed next in simplest way available. Can this be done?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello ,

You can you use this shortcode to generate the signup button

[course_join_button]

You can place it in the course description. Or, if you wish to alter the template files of the Coursepress theme, you can use it in this form

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[course_join_button]' ); ?>

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

I think it's maybe you copied it with the additional code form the forum posts (thats why it has gray background).
    Please, copy it from here

[course_join_button]

or just write in description field. Please, note that the shortcode output is visible only in the front-end.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

Hi Kasia,

You have the access. Can you please try to sign up G7 course acting like a outsider?

My objective is i) customer view the courses then ii) click the sign up button iii) it will then ask customer if they have registered? iv) then it will link to payment.

I wonder if the payment setting is correct? (as it will lead me until login to paypal then stops)

• Kasia Swiderska
      • Support nomad

Hello again @pole915,

It seems that the shortcode is working after all. I was testing again your site and when I was there first time I didn't notice that shortcode on your site had "-" instead of "_" and I copied it to my site and it was not working.
      And on my localhost I had the proper shorcode.

I'm sorry for all that confusion!

No, if you look into the 7g, you will see the "Join now" text - this is because you set the "Students are added by instructors." - when you change it to "anyone can enroll" then you will see the singup button there.

Wheh, I really need a holiday :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
      Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

Thank you for the access. I found why this is not working. When I first tested this, I was using my localhost instalation with the 4.2.2 version of WordPress, and the shortcode was working perfectly in the Decsription of the course. After update of WordPress to 4.2.4 with the unfortunate change for shortcodes API, this stopped working :slight_frown:.
    I will flag developer about this issue.

The G7 have option " Who can Enroll: Students are added by instructors. " so you can't test is as outsider when the student have to be added.

If you want to test your courses, you can open new browser window in the Private mode and then you will be logged out of the site.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

Hi Kasia,

Great to hear that and it is working.

I have the last question for this link issue.
    As you can see at the attachment, after my customer sign up for the course, the course is empty, because the payment is needed to view. But the whole thing is blank, as you can see at the picture. I bet my customer will not click at the "Register" tab and find course they want (eg. 7G) then continue with payment. Thus, a link is needed. Could this be solved? Thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello ,

You could change the templates in the CoursePress. You can go to CoursePress/themes/coursepress folder (if you have child theme for this theme created you can use it), and use template from there to edit this "0 units in the course currently. Please check back later" text.
    It appears in the following file:
    - plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress/archive-unit.php:
    and looks like that:

<h1 class="zero-course-units"><?php _e( "0 units in the course currently. Please check back later." ); ?></h1>

So you can change it to the

<h1 class="zero-course-units"><?php _e( "0 units in the course currently. Please check back later." ); ?></h1>
    <a href="http://link-to-your-registration-page"><?php _e( "Please register to get access" ); ?>

this way there will be link to registration.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

Hi Kasia,

I can see it works. Thanks.
    However, please take a look at the pictures attached.
    After registration:
    i) Please register to get access (by using the code you attach)
    ii) Pending payment (click to complete payment)
    iii) Make payment

Can you provide a code that skip step ii) and jump to step iii)?
    Step ii) seems rather extra.

• pole915

Hi

After a second thought, i would say we can actually skip i) and ii)
    i) Please register to get access (by using the code you attach)
    ii) Pending payment (click to complete payment)

Just click sign up for the course and then go to payment directly, simple and user friendly.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

Ok, if I understand correctly you are using Membership plugin yes? And you have only one membership?
    If yes, instead of the link directly to the registration, you can use link directly to the Membership. Because if you use link to registration, you have to choose membership to join.
    You can use this shortcode to generate link to membership

[ms-membership-buy id="5" label="Buy now!"]

where you need to replace id with your own membership ID (you will find it on the memberships list).
    However, for actual version of the Membership 2 Pro, you would need to use this small fix https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-2-pro-update-ruined-our-process-can-you-help#post-951959 to get proper flow of joining membership.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

Hi Kasia,

First of all, can i make it look like sign up button for the shortcode
    [ms-membership-buy id="5" label="Buy now!"]

Secondly, it will be brought to Register page, (2nd picture above), which is again not user friendly, my customer would need to scroll up and down to find the course they want to register, imagine if i have 50 courses?
    i) Can this be skipped? Or make it automatically click sign up for the course my customer choose
    ii) Or whichever course my customer choose, it will be displayed as the top then they click "sign up"

Lastly, i would like to add column such as phone number, be it must fill in or optional. How can i do that?

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

Can you enable support access again? I will try to follow what is happening on your site and will see if this can be change.

Lastly, i would like to add column such as phone number, be it must fill in or optional. How can i do that?

If you want to add it in the registration form you can do it by using BuddyPress and it's extended profiles with the Membership add-on "BuddyPress integration".
    Second way it to use Add-on "Profiles fields" with combination of the Ultimate Branding text change module.
    In profile fields you can add additional optional field for example "Nickname" and with ultimate branding change text "Nickname" to "Phone number". This is a total workaround, but I've seen this on members site and it was working.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

Please update the Membership 2 Pro. This is important because this fixes the issue with choosing twice membership.

After that when you use shortcode

'[ms-membership-buy id="5" label="Buy now!"]`

you will be redirected directly to the registration form and then after that to payment. You don't need to choose memberships from the list.

<blockquote>BuddyPress uses a page that is also used as a Membership page by Membership 2.
    Please assign a different page for either Membership 2 or BuddyPress to avoid conflicts.</blockquote>

you need to set two different pages for BuddyPress registration (Settings -> BuddyPress) and for Membership 2 Pro. They can't use the same registration page.

<blockquote>First of all, can i make it look like sign up button for the shortcode</blockquote>

Yes, you can add CSS styles to the button, like this

.ms-membership-buy a {
        min-height: 32px;
        min-width: 100px;
        padding: 5px;
        float: right;
    background: #0FACD9;
    color: #FFF;
    text-align: center;
    font-family: "Dosis",sans-serif;
    font-size: 22px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    white-space: nowrap;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    margin-top: 1px;
    border-radius: 0px;
    border: medium none;
    text-shadow: none;
    font-weight: 300;
    box-shadow: none;
    }

you can add it in the style.css file of your child theme or use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

Hi

i replace the code as mentioned in the post,
    $step = $this->get_signup_step(); // Add this line and change condition below.
    if ( self::STEP_CHOOSE_MEMBERSHIP == $step && MS_Model_Member::is_logged_in() ) {

My whole website becomes blank. Kindly advise

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

You updated Membership 2 Pro, so you don't need to change the code any more, this was fix for previous version.
    Your site is working, so I presume you removed your changes.
    Now you just need to set different pages for register form in BuddyPress and the Membership 2.
    You can change BuddyPress Page in your main site Dashboard -> Settings -> BuddyPress Pages. Choose other page in "Register" option.

Then you can put direct links to registration for the certain Membership by using shorcode I provided you before, but you have to remember to change the membership ID in that shortcode. I'm attaching screenshot how you will find ID of your membership in the memberships list.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

Sorry, above solved as protection rules matters.

As i try to do in the real site, after the registration, below shows up. I am thinking the Membership 2 Pages setting issues. But looking at the pictures attached. I just unable to choose the exact same settings as before, as it is not in the list.

`Check Your Email To Activate Your Account!

You have successfully created your account! Please log in using the username and password you have just created.`

• pole915

Hi Kasia,

If i use custom post type to protect my content, that course will not be seen by people without first being added as member. And i may have many courses. How can i set up payment properly?

In custom post type items, there is course, unit , module_response, etc

Here again my question
    i) if i set course using membership, people who may want to join the course will not see the course, as the whole course is not seen
    ii) as i create more courses, more module_response will be shown, i dunno if this is the correct thing i need to protect using Membership, and there are simply too many module_response without a name...

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

Please see this thread as it describes ways of protection courses with Memberships https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/coursepress-pro-membership-2-pro-best-way-to-manage-access-to-dripped-content#post-961836

How can i set up payment properly?

That depends on your needs - you set up payment gateways in Membership 2 -> Settings -> Payment. If you have recurring memberships then you need to use gateways that will handle this: PayPal Standard Gateway and Stripe Subscriptions Gateway. If you have finite payments the you can use: PayPal Single Gateway and Stripe Single Gateway. There are also gateways for the manual payments and Authorize.net Gateway, 2Checkout (both should handle the recurring payments also).

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

Hi Kaisa

I hope you can try to register the free course at
    primary.aucl.com.my as there are many issue

i) Looking at the pictures attached ,
    - after registration
    - if i go to account page then i don't know how to get to my course which i want to learn
    - if i hover over courses and click my courses, and then click find out more
    - i am at dead end forever, enrol again..

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

I was able to register and enroll to course, but I see that you are still using old version of CoursePress. Can you update that?
    Because during enrolment I've got a blurred screen and this is cause by jQuery error that should be fixed in the new release.

Please note that you can edit Thank-You page so it will show more informations.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• pole915

Hi

I am already using the latest version of CoursePress.

CoursePress Pro turns WordPress into a powerful online learning platform. Set up online courses by creating learning units with quiz elements, video, audio etc. You can also assess student work, sell your courses and much much more.

Version 1.2.6.6 | By WPMU DEV | Visit plugin site

Any newer version???

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi pole915

I hope you had a wonderful day.

It seems at our end that you are still using Version 1.2.6.4 but it might be wrong information. If you granted us Support Access, we could check this and fix it.

About your issues:
    - after registration
    >> You are redirected back to your Courses Dashboard. As the user just registered, he/she is not supposed to be enrolled in any course already.

- if i go to account page then i don't know how to get to my course which i want to learn
    >> You can set the Courses page in your menu (Which is set automatically after plugin installation. Please see attached image 1 for reference). So when an user registers and goes to his account page, he will get a link to see all the available courses and he can choose one from there.

- if i hover over courses and click my courses, and then click find out more
    - i am at dead end forever, enrol again..
    >> If you are already enrolled to any courses, then you will be able to see those courses in your Courses-Dashboard. And if you go to a course details page which you are already enrolled in, you will be shown "Start Learning" instead of "Enroll Now". Please check attached screenshot 2 for reference.

Please let me know if I've missed something. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi pole915

I still don't get the access on your site. Can you please revoke and grant again? To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

And about the profile picture thing, CoursePress by default shows the gravatar or user defined profile picture. (Please check the attached screenshot for reference). If I can login with Support Access, I believe I can help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi pole915

I hope you had a wonderful day.

Can you please open a new thread with above 2 issues you mentioned in your last reply? That will help both you and us to keep track of all your question and it will bring more attention to your questions.

FYI, I still don't find the support access enabled. Can you try removing the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin and installing it again from here? :https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Then can you revoke and grant us access again?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi pole915

I apologize for the delay in response.

I still don't see the availability of support access on your site. If it is creating inconvenience for you, can you please send me message with access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    -WordPress admin Username
    -WordPress admin Password
    -login URL
    -Link back to this thread for reference
    -Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello pole915,

Please create new thread regarding this issue "Also, i put materials into the course unit, after putting so much materials, when i hit save, the whole page becomes blank, " as this is no longer related to the "From courses to registration (missing link)" subject.
    If I would need to bring developer or Second Line Support to check you issue it will be hard for them to address it and find needed informations.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.