From reading previous support questions on this issue,

From reading previous support questions on this issue, I understand that you are working on including auto generated certificates in a future release. As this is a crucial part of my LMS needs, I have to come up with an alternative solution to make your application work for me until such time as that future release is made public.

I know there is a shortcode API for WP that allows shortcodes to be placed in content items. What I would like to propose with your assistance would be a shortcode that would represent a script that will fetch information from the student enrollment record and generate a URL that would link to a PHP script to generate a certificate. The only variable needed for the script is the certificate_id as I need to have more than one certificate template depending on the type of course taken. An example would be:

[myurlgenerator id="1"] where id = the certificate_id.

As I imagine it, once this shortcode is placed in a text element unit, it would do the following:

1) Fetch the current logged in user ID from the wp_users table.

2) Fetch the current active course_id. This is more difficult for me to figure out since there is no separate course table and it appears that everything is stored in wp_posts.

3) Generate a URL that links to a PHP script that generates the certificate using TCPDF (I can do this part). An example of the URL would look something like this:

http://someurl?user_id=2&course_id=4&certificate_id=2

The PHP script would then query the nice_name from wp_users and the post_title for the course from wp_posts using the parameters sent over by the url.

Let me know if this is doable with your application.

• Michael Bissett

Hi @David, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

From what I understand presently, what you're asking for is planned, but not yet doable (there's been some other aspects of CoursePress Pro that have required attention).

While I can't offer an ETA on this presently, I can say that for now, it'd be best to wait, as adding in this type of integration wouldn't be the smoothest way of going about the implementation of certificate creation.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.