Front end settings tab is not showing on user profile and service provider settings not saving.

None of the front end user settings are showing on the buddypress profile page. When I click the appointments tab the only subtab that shows is "My appointments"

In Settings I have selected the option for the users to be able to edit these settings from the front end.

In addition to this issue, I am also not able to save a service provider. I can select a user, service etc, but when I click save, it does not save.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Kylie,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I will need to test this issue on my lab site and before I go ahead with the test, I need to know a few things.

WP Version
    BuddyPress Version
    Theme you are using

In Settings I have selected the option for the users to be able to edit these settings from the front end.

Are you referring to the users be able to edit the frond end editing settings ?

In addition to this issue, I am also not able to save a service provider. I can select a user, service etc, but when I click save, it does not save.

Can you please try and disable the caching plugins if any ? also clear the plugin cache in the plugin settings (Look at the bottom of the plugin setting page) ?

Looking forward for your response so that we can do a test together.

Cheers, PC

• kylie_lakevold_cawte
    • New Recruit

Sorry for the delay in response.. Thank you so much for getting back to me :slight_smile:

My WP version: 3.5
    Buddypress version: 1.6.1
    Theme is CityLevel: http://pandathemes.com/wordpress-themes/citylevel/

Regarding my settings question. I attached the settings for the plugin that I entered. I assume these settings are edited on the front end? There are no other options for me (even as an admin) to click on anything other than to view my own appointments. I have attached an additional screenshot of what my profile tabs look like.

I don't have any caching plugins installed, but I will clear the cache for the appointments plugin.

Thank you!
    Kylie

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for your post.

I attached the settings for the plugin that I entered. I assume these settings are edited on the front end?

All the settings of the plugin are edited at the backend. I am really not sure what you mean by front end editing here.

Can you please elaborate a bit more and if possible can you send me your admin credentials for the site via our secure contact form so that I can have a closer look.

Please do not forget to include a link to this thread.

Cheers, PC

• kylie_lakevold_cawte
    • New Recruit

Hi Pranaya,

What I am referring to is the fact that a front end user cannot set their availability. Is this not possible for this plugin and does the admin have to set the days and hours that each service provider is available in the backend?

I realize that in this thread they did some custom dev to show the users schedule on their profile pages, but shouldnt the subnavigation item " appointments settings" appear on a user's profile page?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/schedule-calendar-on-the-buddypress-user-profile-page

This doesnt happen. My users only get a sub-navigation item called "my appointments"

If this isnt possible for service providers to indicate their own schedules, then I guess I will have to try and do what they did in that support thread.

Thanks
    Kylie

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

What I am referring to is the fact that a front end user cannot set their availability. Is this not possible for this plugin and does the admin have to set the days and hours that each service provider is available in the backend?

A front end user can view the availability using the appointments calendar page. They can select service providers from the drop down and it will show the availability.

Admin as well as service providers (You need to give them rights) can set the availability timings.

I realize that in this thread they did some custom dev to show the users schedule on their profile pages, but shouldnt the subnavigation item " appointments settings" appear on a user's profile page?

No, that doesnt appear there. If you need it there on the profile of the admins then you will need to provide a custom link. A member user can only view their appointments.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.