Front-End view by category on Support System

I'd like to know if there is any way to display a form by category. For example- instead of the category selector on one form, i'd like to have a single category on multiple forms. My intended use is:

I have an enterprise client which has over 20 websites. I am building a relatively simple status dashboard type setup. Each page (down a left vertical menu) will contain information pertaining a single website. General notes, last updated, etc.

I'd like to incorporate a support ticket system where that individual page provides a quick way to ask a question, get support, or add a task. Rather than have a general page, i'd like to separate them since different sites serve different users. For UI purposes, i'd like to pre-choose the category based on the page it's on rather than have the client select. I am fine with a consolidated tickets from a management perspective, but i'd definitely like the user forms to be by individual category

Any thoughts on this??

• Tyler Postle

Hey Craig,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for your question.

At the moment this wouldn't be possible without custom development. I can definitely put it in as a feature request though :slight_smile: given your example I can see how it would be a handy solution to have.

The frontend experience to Support System is still new as of version 2.0, so we'll be able to work on adding new features now. Hopefully some other members will request this as well, more requests it has the sooner we can develop it of course.

In the meantime, you could try the jobs board too: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Then you can find another talented member of the community to work on it with.

If you have any further questions on this let us know. More than happy to help further where ever we can :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.