front page blogs picture and text not visible, only subject is visible

Hi,
Just started with theme Network, there is a nice guide in it to get started, but... only in pages I can cloice/ set -new blog- When I create a new post with featerd photo only the subject appears. Question,1- frontpage blogs is a post or page, 2- Why is the picture and text not visible?

Please see http://business-date.nl

Thanks and kind regards of Anne

• aecnu

Greetings Anne,

First lets cover what your installation is all about:

WordPress 3.3.2?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press 1.5.5?
    Network theme 1.7.7?

Directly concerning your installation of the Network theme, did you upload the child theme separately and activate it and not the parent?

If not, please do that now, upload the child theme separately into the themes folder and activate it. Deactivate the parent theme and then choose the child theme as your theme of choice under appearance.

Please advise.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• annemar3

Hoi Aecnu,

Quick answer, thanks. This is a brand new website, so all latest versions. i downloaded the theme from inside the premium, but guess, there is only one theme visible, looking around where to find the child theme I had a brainwave and checked the http://FTP......content/ theme map and saw a map with child theme, which in not separate visible in the website. By a try to upload from inside of the website, from the child map from computer I got:
    ----
    Installing Theme from uploaded file: child.css
    Unpacking the package…
    The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature.
    --------
    Oke this matter I had more by brand new websites so I gave the htaccess more memory

php_value memory_limit 64M

But the child theme is not yet visible, on another website the child themes are all not visible...last year it was I remember. So the first installation is the gap?

--Buddypress is not yet installed as I want a more simple forum, buddypress is too many steps, 3, to come in, most people are used to Linked in and that is 2 or mostly 1.
    --No multisite

Question is it possible to install forumpress on the theme of Network?

Can sent you separate my login information if you sent me an email: info@business-date.nl

Hope you have another idea, kind regards of Anne

• aecnu

Greetings Anne,

Thank you for letting me know about your versions.

I think it would be wise to cover exactly what I am talking about concerning uploading the child theme, that this concept is of utmost importance for your success dealing with this type of theme configuration.

I am going to use the Network theme in this example.

In the first screen shot below is the Network theme on my computer showing its fold hierarchy.

The red #1 indicates the parent theme folder which gets uploaded in it's entirety to the folder /wp-content/themes/

The red #2 also gets uploaded independently in it's entirety to the folder /wp-content/themes/

So in the end it will look like second screen shot below on the server side within /wp-content/themes/ folder.

The red #3 indicates the uploaded parent theme and #4 shows the uploaded child theme.

Now that I have both the parent and the child FTP uploaded, it is time to network enable the child theme for use in the sites of my network by clicking Network Enable within the network admin dashboard as indicated by red #5

Last but not least, I will enable the child theme for the site I want --> site admin dashboard --> Appearance --> Themes as shown in the last screen shot below indicated by red #6 site activation.

Please advise if your parent and child themes are indeed structured as indicated in the screen shots below and described above.

Cheers, Joe

• annemar3

Hoi aecnu,

Big smile, with you I trust it will happen, thanks for your extended answer, Did so, only by #5 I did not recognize the screenshot, but I downloaded the child theme from FTP tot computer and uploaded in via the admin dashboard, so the child theme is active.

But not the photos and content in the blogs, I tried to fit the photos as nearly as possible to the asked 227 x 108, is not exactly possible. The different images and content in the post are not yet working in the front page.

When I use - site dashboard/ network/ advanced options / Default Thumbnail Image URL -
    one general image is showed, but not the different images in every different blog.
    The different blogs are related to the posts, as I changed the post title it was picked up by the front page.

Dashboard/ network/ advanced fields
    The fields were in the parent extreemly sensitive and now they do not re-act:
    -- I asked for 8 blogs in stead of 4. but no reaction.
    --By the parent theme, advanced options= first fleld =the blocks were only visible under network option and disappeared by blog posts, now by the pchild theme there is no difference.

Enclosed a screenshot of advanced options, what should by notice?
    Kind regards of Anne

• aecnu

Greetings Anne,

Now the next step is to get your images into the theme.

This is done by uploading the image as the Featured Image of the blog post as shown below in first screen shot.

Please note that my attached image show Remove Featured Image because I have in fact uploaded a feature image already.

In the second screen shot I have labeled what each item is in red from the relevant blog.

-- I asked for 8 blogs in stead of 4. but no reaction.

Yes but you must have 8 different blogs and it appears that you have only 1.

In addition your number 4 is telling the theme how many posts to display per your main site, and it is indeed showing only 4 as it is being instructed to do.

So far the theme is doing exactly what it should be doing from what I can tell.

Please advise as to how many blogs you have, right now there appears to be only 1 - Business Date

Cheers, Joe

• annemar3

Hey aecnu,

Again a very clear anwer, thank you. Yesterday I played and tried a lot of hours as I like the layout of Studio, not the expected results:

-Featured Image- I tried before my question and after, but no effect. 8 blogs you are right.
    As I want to go on today I tried another theme -Studio-, no plugin came with in the theme.
    Then I went back to -Twenty eleven- alle worked.....

Next theme: Suffusion- and all is working perfect, pictures in post visible and so on.

We both spent hours, but I learned that you are very good, technoloigical and by understanding where the client has a problem, what helped and gave trust were your screenshots, wish you good luck.

Kind regards of Anne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.