Frontend, Buddypress, Store and Product Management for Marketpress

Is there an easy way to make it so a shop keeper/seller, someone running a sub-blog with Marketpress, to manage their products and store on the frontend of a buddypress theme, rather than the wordpress admin area?

I know you say we can create an Etsy-style shop, but I'm struggling to figure out the right kind of workflow and plugin combination to do this. One of the big things I want to do is allow a seller to manage everything without entering the wordpress admin.

Thanks for any help.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya counteragent,

Currently with MarketPress this is not available. However, what you're looking for is one of the exciting developments that is happening - both in WordPress core functionality and in terms of plugins and themes.

We'll be rolling out some examples of this - you'll see it in action shortly with the next version of our Classifieds plugin - you may even be able to take a look there and see how it's implemented.

I agree, it could make things a bit more intuitive for new users, however, we don't have a timeframe for this being implemented into MarketPress at the moment. It's still a 1.x product and we want to get the core shopping functions correct first - then liven it up with some rockin' stuff like what you're referring to here.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.