Frontend editor ON - Edit links to backend

Setup: WP 3.3.2, BP 1.5.5, Events+ 1.2

Frontend editing is on, so is integration with My Events. Creating an Event works well. When viewing an Event, there are two places where the user can click Edit.

Now the problem is that one Edit link (next to the Event description) opens the Event for editing in the frontend, but the other (top) opens the Event for editing in the backend! This is a deadsure way to confuse and frustrate users.

Any way to rectify this?

Cheers Mort3n

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Mort3n thanks for your post and for being a member!

Can I just check if you log out do you still see the "edit" links. Ive used this plugin once before and didnt see these links.

Is the link that takes you to the admin an link in your theme for admins only (when logged in).

Let me know, if Im wrong then I will look into the plugin further for ya :wink:

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi ThePath

Thanks for your response!

The site is a members only site, so the page cannot be viewed without being logged in. I use the Membership plugin to assign roles etc.

I'm using a modification of the default BP theme. The modified theme has not been translated. However both Edit links are translated! Hence it is not an issue with the theme.

Your suggestion lead me to look into the language files and it turns out that one Edit link stems from BP the other from Events+.

To the credit of Events+ the Edit link that works as expected, opening for edit in the frontend is the one stemming from Events+.

The BP Edit link seems to appear because Events are published as posts and Edit links in BP leads to the admin area.

So it turns out that it is an incompatibility between BP and Events+.

Any suggestions for resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mort3n,

Thank you for this information and for bringing this to our attention.

I will certainly bring this to the attention of the lead developer of the Events + plugin for their input concerning this issue.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, i will get him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• ThePath
    • The Bug Hunter

Excellent, good investigation there Mort3n.

OK so if I understand you, is it the BP edit link you want rid of? If so cant you just take it out of template (afterall there is an edit link on WP admin bar at top of screen). Im not sure what the dev could say other than if you dont want an edit link from the theme going to admin then take it out of the template
    If Ive misunderstood (totally possible :wink: then I apologise.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

If you're looking for a CSS-based solution, you could try adding something like this to your stylesheet, depending on your theme:

.incsub_event .post-edit-link { display: none; }
    Or
    .single-incsub_event .post-edit-link { display: none; }
    Or
    .type-incsub_event .post-edit-link { display: none; }

Another (and quite possibly more reliable) solution would be along the lines of what ThePath just said - simply editing your theme template (e.g. single.php) to remove the edit links, or to include them conditionally, should do the job just fine too.

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi ThePath and VeBailovity

Thanks for your suggestions. It sounds as if they are likely to work.

My hope is that the developer will handle this issue within the plugin, making BP and Events+ cooperate as expected. As I understand it a new version of Events+ is due any time now.

If not, then I will most likely follow one of your suggestions.

Thanks again!
    Mort3n

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.