Frontend RSVP Registration Form

Is there a way to redirect the RSVP link to a frontend registration form as opposed the the WP login/registration page that it defaults too? That way folks are registering within the website page itself and it would be great to be able to say, "if you've RSVP'd before, login here". Is this doable through plugin and if not with something like Gravity Forms?

Thanks!

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I'm afraid I didn't understand the issue. The default RSVP buttons do allow your users to log in/register with your site via an inline popup, right there on the page. Perhaps I misunderstood the issue, can you please explain in a bit more details what were you expecting to happen, and what's happening instead?

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

My apologies for not understanding the issue right away, and thank you very much for the link, it helped a lot (in an indirect way, though) realizing what goes wrong. I just realized I forgot to mention that the popup does indeed show up when there's multiple-choice logins for an event. You can set up this by enabling the "Allow Facebook and Twitter Login?" option in the plugin settings, and entering your Facebook/Twitter application settings. Is enabling this setting a viable option in your scenario?

• tad
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for getting back to me.

I did recommend that to them, but I guess it would be good to be able to set a registration page too, so folks can subscribe, but it feels more like it's just for the events as opposed to the whole website (even though they are one in the same here). That would be more eventbrite/meetup like in a way, which I this plugin is trying to replace, if I read it right.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

I agree with what you said, and allowing for more options (e.g. nice inline login popup without external API access activated and more extending options) is something we'll definitely pursue for the next release. I suggested the external logins activation as an easy immediate stopgap measure. There's also a longer way around, which involves hooking up to a filter named "eab-rsvps-rsvp_form" and replacing the RSVP markup yourself. This can be a bit tricky because the filter exposes the entire RSVP buttons/links markup (which isn't exactly one-liner), but it's something that can be used right now. What you suggested for custom login pages makes perfect sense, so in the future we'll also be exposing just the login URLs to filtering.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Just a quick update, you can now filter just the registration/login page URLs by hooking up to these filters: "eab-rsvps-rsvp_login_page-yes", "eab-rsvps-rsvp_login_page-maybe" and "eab-rsvps-rsvp_login_page-no". Each one of these will receive (and is expected to return) a single string, which will be used as redirection URL.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.