Frustrated with Blogs MU

I am bit frustrated, I came to Premium wpmudev hoping that it would help me move forward in Wordpress (I am not used to the technical side of WP, but would like to learn more!) The actual themes seem more complicated than other WP themes I have used and there appears to be no step by step instructions, do you have any videos, pdf's etc on how to get the best of themes etc?

Any help is appreciated, thanking you.

• nusolutions

What's interesting is that having looked at the Blogs MU page I see that the Usage tab provides instructions for uploading and enabling WPMU themes and instructions for using Pro Sites for premium themes. That seems totally out of place as one would expect info on that particular theme and/or a link to any documentation for that theme. Interesting...
    I agree as the Blogs MU theme is, IMO, probably one of the best themes they have yet it has proven to be a pain to configure. Why no effort is made by this group to produce similar group based themes or new themes is beyond me. I too got frustrated and stop using the themes provided here. I don't think it takes away from their efforts in other areas and great support is still provided. So I'm sure that if you post a question on the "particular" issue(s) you're having with Blogs MU one of the gurus will reply.
    gl

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there, folks, and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community for WordPress Support!

We're actually working on updating all of our themes right now and expect to roll something out in the new year. I hope you can bear with us for the time being. My personal preference is for the Studio theme, but if you have some specific questions about Blogs MU, I'd be happy to help. I'm also slated to redo the documentation, so I'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions.

Cheers,
    Paul

• RoyBretton

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated!

A question, has anyone thought about doing step-by-step videos on setting up the themes and setting up plug-ins etc? I belong to an Internet marketing membership site and they have excellent step-by-step videos, which show you absolutely everything without missing anything out. I think you have some excellent themes and plug-ins here and it is really good to be part of a WordPress community where we can ask questions, perhaps if step-by-step videos were made over a period of time, it would probably help many people, including myself!

I have also posted in the features and feedback category on the forum.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.