FTP and phpMyadmin vs. Snapshot

Why not just make a FTP and Database backup instead of using Snapshot. Then I guess to be sure to include EVERYTHING?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Leif,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

FTP and Database backups are always a good option but some users are not familiar with this process, and some don't even have FTP or phpMyAdmin access.
    Snapshot offers more easier way of doing so directly from the WP panel, it also allows setting up scheduled backups and automatic backup to external destinations like Dropbox and Google Drive.

Basically it's more user friendly backup solution with some additional options available :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any followup questions.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Leif
    • New Recruit

Thks so much for your kind answer.
    I agree that it looks easier your way, but still I do not feel sure, that I'll get EVERYTHING covered, the whole database and all files for all main and subdomain sites.
    Btw will saving to iCloud and MS OneDrive be covered in future versions?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Leif,

Snapshot currently requires making a backup of each subsite individually but we are working on a update that will have an option to backup entire network at once, including all DB tables and wp-content files.

Btw will saving to iCloud and MS OneDrive be covered in future versions?

I don't think there are plans of adding this soon but we are looking to offer backup on our own servers soon :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.