Full Membership Plugin VS Lite Membership Plugin, Which Is Better?

Hell guys,

I'm thinking of trying out membership plugin, but I wonder how it's working out for you all. Membership plugin is a plugin that disallows members to registering for an account unless they pay up? How is lite membership plugin vs full fledge one?

Love to hear ya experience with these two plugins so I can get some feedbacks to make a sound decision on whether to use this plugin or not!

Oh, is it easy to upgrade from one WordPress (Multi-db) and Buddypress to newer versions of these when activating the membership plugins? Will there be complication in that regard?

Let say, after activating one of these two plugins (i.e., membership), but not two at the same time of course, and let say if I'm regretting and think that the plugin isn't what I want for my members to experience and use, can I just deactivate it without any side effect and complication?

• DavidM

Hi argh2xxx!

I'll tackle your inquiries inline!

I'm thinking of trying out membership plugin, but I wonder how it's working out for you all. Membership plugin is a plugin that disallows members to registering for an account unless they pay up? How is lite membership plugin vs full fledge one?

Membership can actually be used for not-for-pay member sites as well, sites where you'd like to simply restrict public access, such as for organizations.

And Membership Premium is preferable, especially for members here! It's got quite a lot more access rules and miscellaneous features that make it well worth it.

Love to hear ya experience with these two plugins so I can get some feedbacks to make a sound decision on whether to use this plugin or not!

Hopefully others around here will chime in with their experiences as mine have mostly been for test purposes (though rather encompassing tests)!

Oh, is it easy to upgrade from one WordPress (Multi-db) and Buddypress to newer versions of these when activating the membership plugins? Will there be complication in that regard?

There should be no trouble with that and as I'll mention below, Membership has a few rules specific to BuddyPress. The plugin does take upgrades into account itself and if you have any difficulty therein you can always give us a holler!

Let say, after activating one of these two plugins (i.e., membership), but not two at the same time of course, and let say if I'm regretting and think that the plugin isn't what I want for my members to experience and use, can I just deactivate it without any side effect and complication?

Hmm, the plugins you've mentioned all should work just fine together and Membership actually has a few rules specific to BuddyPress. That said, you can deactivate it without any side effect. I've done it quite a few times in tests myself.

Cheers,
    David