Full Site Backup - Managed Backups via Snapshot

We need to revisit our full managed backup failures. We are unable to get this feature working. Can you help us figure out why?

• Sajid

Hello Kevin,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, we will try our best to get it working for you. Could you please tell us what error you are getting while creating managed backup archive ?

Also, please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hello Kevin,

Yes, I am available at Saturday and Sunday. Please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

On top of that, I would strongly recommend you to create a staging site. It is not helpful with this issue only but also would help you in future too. Specially when you will update the plugins, themes or even WordPress itself.

Here is how to create a staging site and why it is so important.
    https://torquemag.io/2015/01/need-start-using-staging-environment/

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Kevin

We have a staging environment. The site wptesting.org is that environment. It's on the same VPS as our production sites, so that's not good, but we are working on that.

Is there a backup log file somewhere? The error message displayed by Snapshot: "Oops, something went wrong." is not very helpful, neither is the step counter. It's meaningless, actually, unless we can see what the step is. Is it backing up core, sites, plugins, etc.??? That would be nice to see. Did we exceed the 10GB limit of the WPMUDEV storage? That information should be available to us, not just to you, right? I will enable support access later in the week so you can access the site over the weekend.

• Sajid

Hello Kevin,

Snapshot Pro plugin does create log file to log any errors, notices or information regarding the backup process. You can find all log files in uploads/snapshots/_logs folder via FTP or FileManager of cPanel.

Also, you can view the error log file from WordPress dashboard to by clicking on View your log file link under Snapshot -> Managed Backups -> Settings (see screenshot).

But you have to make sure that logging is enabled before creating any backups. Also, select Info for each logging type so it put every thing that happens during the backup process in log file.

You can view the usage limit yourself in The Hub. Go to this URL, select your site, then go to Backups tab to see the usage statistic of your site (see screenshot below). Please make sure the Snapshot Managed backups are active for that site to show the usage data.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.