Full sized images not being smushed

So I am using Smush Pro and Hummingbird but Hummingbird is telling me I still have images to optimise, and smush says all done.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello WhiteSpace,

I checked your issue with the developer and seems that it is problem with new API of Google Page speed test.
    Basically, after Google API changed it shows inaccurate results for images in the Hummingbird Performance test.
    When in Hummingbird you are seeing now message that images need compressing, in Google it shows

Properly size images
    Serve images that are appropriately-sized to save cellular data and improve load time

Which is not the same as compressing. Images are compressed, but they are placed in smaller containers on the site and with use of CSS shrunk to fit those containers.
    So container size is 620x295px but the size of image inside is 850x567px - and Google points that.

In order to correct that you would need to edit that page and use images with smaller size inside those containers.

As for Hummingbird reporting incorrect message - our developers are preparing the new version that will work with the new API of Google Page Speed test.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.