full version doesn't seem to be working, help

First thing I installed the free version of wiki to see how it worked and also to see if there would be compatibility issues with the membership plugin and also the mingle plugin currently installed on my site.

Everything worked well together. I also could see how the wiki plugin was to behave and created a thread, logging on and off as test members or as visitors to the site, so that I could see how it worked. It worked well, got the pages with the tabs, they all worked. I left a string of comments - worked well. I put the widget in the sidebar and accessed that wiki from each of the test members. At this point the free visitor could read but not post.

I purchased and downloaded the full version. Before I installed it, I removed the free version from the dashboard and from the file manager of my site.

I installed it, and read the directions on how to use it. I configured everything that could be configured and set up and added my first wiki. I installed the widget to the sidebar of my site, as this is where and how I want people to access it. I also marked anyone could have permission. Now, I have basically a post with no ability to comment, no tabs that I saw in the free version.

Ideas?

  • Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

    Hey iempoweru,

    Welcome to the Forum!

    I had a quick chat with the developer and this sounds really strange. I tried to replicate the situation, installed the lite, removed it and installed the pro version. Everything seems fine.

    Here is how we could proceed.

    - Deactivate the plugin and then activate it. This might fix up things.
    - When you said "I also marked anyone could have permission." that means Wiki Privileges was set to "anyone" right? Please give us a screenshot of your editor, showing your settings. Something like what I have attached in here.
    - Give us a direct link to the wiki page.

    I hope to get this sorted for you asap.

  • iempoweru
    • The Crimson Coder

    Thanks for your prompt reply. I have attached screen shots of each step. I have not only deactivated it, I have completely reinstalled it twice. I did deactivate and reactivate as you suggested, attachement wiki7 is what I get every time.

    I have also enclosed a screenshot of the membership site that I am using - their permissions for that page. It automatically defaults to all when I create a post or page, I have to tell it what specifically I want done.

    Thanks in advance for your help. Linda

  • Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

    Hello iempoweru,

    I have been coordinating with our developer on this, we tried to re-create your scenario, but so far no luck. Everything just works fine at our end.

    That has brought us down to a point where we are starting to doubt your theme, and here is what we want you to try.

    Go to your Appearance > Themes and click the preview of the default Twenty Ten and in the preview navigate to your Wiki page and see if it shows up.

    do Let me know how that goes. :slight_smile:

  • Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

    Hey there! :slight_smile:

    Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

    Thread is currently marked as resolved however if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to reopen this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

    Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.