Full width image = Featured image?

I'm building a site using Upfront. I am trying to design my own child theme. I would like to have an image at the top be full width AND the option to use it or another image in posts as the featured image, differing for each post. Right now I have a generic layout I'm building and included the full width, parallax image at the top. But I'm not seeing how to make it an option for this to be the featured image. Is this not possible? Or do I need to add the image another way?

I've opened the site to support. Thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Enduring Epilepsy (Katrina),

I'm afraid featured image can't be full width background image. But it doesn't mean that you cannot have different image in that background for that post.
    When you finish creating them in builder - and enable theme on site and start editing in Upfront editor you will be able to change that background image to one you want as featured image and then when you hit save Upfront will ask you if you want to save changes for all posts of only for this one. If you click only for this post, it will have unique image as background.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.