Full Width Template for Q&A pages

Hi.

I would really like to use Full Width Template for Q&A pages.

How can i do that?

Regards,

Peter

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Peter and welcome to WPMU DEV!

The templates you’re referring to are actually only for WordPress pages and they’re not (or not supposed to be) available for posts or custom post types such as Q&A’s Questions.

As such, to customize the display of the Q&A sections would require a bit of customization with your theme.

To make the process a bit simpler, you can copy the files from the qa/default-template folder within the Q&A plugin folder, and move them into your theme’s folder where you can customize them from there.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/qa-wordpress-questions-and-answers-plugin/installation/

It’s something recommended for those with WordPress development experience and you could consider posting a customization request to our job board if you’re not quite comfortable with that.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Cheers,

David

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Peter,

I know it has been a long time since you asked this question about full width for Q&A but I have found the solution to be changing the <div id=”qa-page-wrapper”> to <div id=”qa-page-wrapper2″> in several files that it exists.

Please advise if you have this resolved or if the above coding helps you with this issue.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Peter,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• LPH
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

In case someone else trips over this question via a search, simply add the following to your child theme’s style.css:

#qa-page-wrapper {
    float: left;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-bottom: 2em;
    width: 100%;
    }

I also had to add:

.question-summary {
    padding: 12px 0 10px 20px !important;
    }

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.