Events+ Full Width template - list all upcoming events

Hi

Am using Archive template: Plugin Full Width template to display list of events. Here is what i need

1. Currently its displaying events of only current month. I want to list all upcoming events.

And just below the Event Title
2. Is it possible to display featured image of event as a thumbnail?

3. Is it possible to display few lines from the post so that it will work as event description

Thanks
Mel

• aecnu

Greetings Mel,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Am using Archive template: Plugin Full Width template to display list of events. Here is what i need

From my understanding of what you said you are using the archive template to display a full width rendering of your events.

But you did not mention what theme you are using?

This is relevant because to possibly code these in we would need to know the exact file to which the coding would be appended.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• stergatu

Hi, I have the same problem.
    Now it's 31 May and the /events page displays "No event found" althought I have about 5 events in June.
    I have the same settings as Melanie8167, but I think it is a mySQL query problem, when I echoing the wp_query request,
    echo $GLOBALS['wp_query']->request;
    I get which contains filter for the month (AND CAST(wp_1_postmeta.meta_value AS DATETIME) < '2012-06-01 00:00') )

The complete query I get is this:

SELECT wp_1_posts.* FROM wp_1_posts INNER JOIN wp_1_postmeta ON (wp_1_posts.ID = wp_1_postmeta.post_id) INNER JOIN wp_1_postmeta AS mt1 ON (wp_1_posts.ID = mt1.post_id) INNER JOIN wp_1_postmeta AS mt2 ON (wp_1_posts.ID = mt2.post_id) WHERE 1=1 AND wp_1_posts.post_type = 'incsub_event' AND (wp_1_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_1_posts.post_status = 'recurrent') AND ( (wp_1_postmeta.meta_key = 'incsub_event_start' AND CAST(wp_1_postmeta.meta_value AS DATETIME) < '2012-06-01 00:00') AND (mt1.meta_key = 'incsub_event_end' AND CAST(mt1.meta_value AS DATETIME) >= '2012-05-01 00:00') AND (mt2.meta_key = 'incsub_event_status' AND CAST(mt2.meta_value AS CHAR) NOT IN ('closed','expired')) ) GROUP BY wp_1_posts.ID ORDER BY wp_1_posts.post_date DESC

Thanks in advance
    Lena

• aecnu

Greetings Mel,

Sorry for the delay in a response here, the other repliers kept moving this in the ticket system que lowering its priority and aging thereof.

I just visited your site http://cwwebdevelopers.ca/auctionAd/auctions/

And all I can say is BRAVO!, beautiful!

Now to your remaining issues/questions.

1. Currently its displaying events of only current month. I want to list all upcoming events.

Currently the plugin is limited to 5 weeks out that I am aware of and though I am not personally aware of why the lead developer made it this way, I am certain there was some justification for this limitation.

2. Is it possible to display featured image of event as a thumbnail?

3. Is it possible to display few lines from the post so that it will work as event description

It appears that you have overcome these two issues though I am not certain because I do not have the vision of your layout.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Mel,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.