Functionality missing in Membership plugin

I have one subscription plan that has an initial member level that is a single paypal payment and then falls through to the next level after a certain period of time at no extra cost and so on and so forth . I would like to be able to ping the user not just on joining a subscription (set in the Subscription plan page) but when his membership level changes. My users aren't changing subscriptions or making multiple payments they pay one time at the first member level in a subscription and then fall through additional levels over time. They need to be notified of their current status, just as the admin is in the newsstream.php, which is recording the level changes... please give me another option to ping on member level change. it would be more helpful if the communications emails could be sent on level changes but they don't - only on subscription changes, and as said above, my users are on a single subscription
thanks

• debbie_stclaire

so in membershipadmin.php add the moving_ping , where the member level changes within a subscription but the subscription doesn't change

/* Ping interface */
    function update_subscription_ping_information( $sub_id ) {

$subscription =& new M_Subscription( $sub_id );

$subscription->update_meta( 'joining_ping', $_POST['joiningping'] );
    $subscription->update_meta( 'moving_ping', $_POST['movingping'] );
    $subscription->update_meta( 'leaving_ping', $_POST['leavingping'] );

}

• aecnu

Greetings debbie_stclaire,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.