Functionality Reduced After Upgrade to 4.5.3

Good morning. I have noticed that despite running the latest versions of MarketPress and Word Press the plugin doesn't work. I have tried using the WP2016 theme and deactivating all other plugins but nothing seems to help! Products can not be added to the cart, the product search doesn't work and the floating cart has disappeared. Is this a known issue? Can you assist please?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi leemitton, hope you had a wonderful day.

I tried to regenerate the issue on my test site with WordPress 4.5.3 and MarketPress 3.1 but everything is working absolutely fine. As you confirmed no other plugin is conflicting, it's kinda tough to conclude something without investigating the issue.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Well, I am confirming that issues are there. But I need to do some extensive tests on your site. That may include disabling certain plugins and changing themes. Are you ok with doing these on this site? If not, and this is a live site, can you please create a clone site on this server so we can make our tests there?

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• leemitton
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Rupok. I am happy for you to disable plugins and change themes. Feel free to do whatever you need to do to resolve this, including downloading and installing themes that will work well with MarketPress. In the end I want a professional looking ecommerce site that looks good and is easy to maintain.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello leemitton

I have just checked your site and I can see a js error comes from your theme: /athena/inc/js/script.js file.

Once a js error is produced, it doesn't let other js code run. Would you please ask your theme developer to fix that error?

can you recommend a good theme that works well with MarketPress please?

Well, any standard and error free theme should work with marketpress, we don't have any limitation. But theme has to be developed according to codex standard and there should not be any error in that theme.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Well, the theme is nice but just a js error. Though I have checked with default WP theme and the cart worked fine.

So if you like the theme, maybe you can give a try to ask the developer. If he doesn't reply in time, then you can switch to another theme.

Before downloading a free theme, please check the ratings and support topics :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

I tried to investigate the issue further and tried to login with Support Access but it's showing me the following error:
    This access token has expired. Please ask the user to renew it.
    Can you please revoke and grant us permission again so we can have a better look at this?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.